Building tank lid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Be102
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,043
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently was using the Aqueon versatop lid for my 65 gallon tank, however I noticed a lot of people have some sort of screen instead. I was wondering what type of lid you guys have, and if you made it, what it's made out of. It seems that a screen lid would be fine as long as it sat on the tank well enough.
 
IMAG1054.jpg
 
Client needed cutouts for an auto feeder and plumbing. I use acrylic, clear mesh netting and a router. and a lot of time and knowledge. :)

Anything else? Any sort of guide or material used? Why the corners and not one large sheet?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new