building this stand question

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this stand on here and cant find the original post, If building something like this would it be better to make the top/canopy all one piece and then have the tank slide in?

standbuild.jpg

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this stand on here and cant find the original post, If building something like this would it be better to make the top/canopy all one piece and then have the tank slide in?

standbuild.jpg
I think that is @Red_Beard 's build found HERE.
Yep, that is the one I built.
I built it all in one piece, but so that it fits over the tank. I would not make it to where the tank slides in though, that would make it really hard if you ever need to do heavy duty maintenance. When i need serious access i can undo a few plumbing unions and unhook the lights and slip the whole canopy up and off without having to empty the tank. So far i like it fine, would maybe tweak a few things if i was to do it again though. If you want some additional detail pics i can snap a few when i get back from work. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I just commented on the OP. I am going to be visiting that post a lot as I start to build the stand, just have to figure out what size tank I want to go with

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome :) i stared at that tank on the stand for at least a month before this idea coagulated. I will grab you some dimensions when i get home, but the display is a standard aqueon 75 i drilled and resealed black.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

standbuild.jpg
Really nice looking stand

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back