Building Upwards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ckirby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ckirby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260803_095107_BABE74AE-6FAA-49A3-8D8A-43998154F4BF.png

Hey Yall. I was wondering what ideas you have for building up around this big rock in the middle? Id like more areas of interest but I have to keep the big rock because it has my coral that I grew from a tiny frag. Any ideas are welcome!
 
Perhaps place 2 large rocks under that one to create an arch. Or break down that large rock and build an aquascape. Or place some rocks around that one, the tank looks a little empty.
 
I personally would build a taller section using lighter dry rock which could easily be built straight up and placed on top of your existing rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new