Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
how are you guys

i am going to build a new tank it will be around 1600G
200cm*200cm*100cm (79" * 79" * 40")

i want to ask about filters
what should i use ? and how can i manage nutrition in something like this
is there a system out there that sell a full filtration ?
if not what skimmer and other part would i need ?

i was thinking about the following
Skimmer : Deltec or Nyos
pump : Abyzz, Ecotech, Red Dragon ( return and close loop)
dosing pump : GHL or Ecotech
multiple filter roller
light will go with Radion but how many will be good for this reef ? it will be mix tank
what UV do i need ?

i won't use wavemaker as the tank will be viewed from all side
tank will be builld and send from China

if there is a company that build a full filter maybe that would be better or what do you thing ?

please give me your idea and what should i add and change

here is a first design of the tank
Screenshot_34.png

thanks

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the only real thing that you need to learn and adopt if you want to be successful with a tank like this: take advice and listen to the people who have had a tank like this. I cannot be more serious about this. People think that what they do in their 180g or Red Sea Whatever will scale, but they have no idea.

I can kinda see that you might be in this place as well.

Abyzz, EcoTech are child's toys in a 1600g tank. You are looking at Amp Masters or other industrial sized pumps in the 10000k GPH range for CL and 6-10k range for return pump.

You will be looking at a lot of 220v commercial type of equipment and might need a 2500w heater.

Sump might need to be 400 gallons.

400w or 1000w Metal Halides are the cheapest and most efficient way to light this, but you can do it with $25-40k worth of Radions if you want. If fish-only, then you won't have to spend too much.

Yes, there are companies that sell full solutions for large tanks. They are commercial.

To do this right, you will end up with equipment that nearly nobody on here has ever heard of. There is also a large tank forum if you want to ask for help there.

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the only real thing that you need to learn and adopt if you want to be successful with a tank like this: take advice and listen to the people who have had a tank like this. I cannot be more serious about this. People think that what they do in their 180g or Red Sea Whatever will scale, but they have no idea.

I can kinda see that you might be in this place as well.

Abyzz, EcoTech are child's toys in a 1600g tank. You are looking at Amp Masters or other industrial sized pumps in the 10000k GPH range for CL and 6-10k range for return pump.

You will be looking at a lot of 220v commercial type of equipment and might need a 2500w heater.

Sump might need to be 400 gallons.

400w or 1000w Metal Halides are the cheapest and most efficient way to light this, but you can do it with $25-40k worth of Radions if you want. If fish-only, then you won't have to spend too much.

Yes, there are companies that sell full solutions for large tanks. They are commercial.

To do this right, you will end up with equipment that nearly nobody on here has ever heard of. There is also a large tank forum if you want to ask for help there.

hello,
thanks a lot of the information it will help me
you are right about the pump i was missing this
i got some company i contacted them now waiting for them

220v is the best for me in my country we only use 220v so this is better

for system water its around 1600 gallon include sump as well

for like i thought about it but it will be mix reef some SPS and more lps

what company do you recommend for full system ?
i send message to rk2 now i remember them and MRC

for the large tank form you mean the building forum ?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I say 220v, I am in the US and 220v means high amps. Most things are not 220v here unless they need to be 20+ amps and use a lot of power. We do not have 50 watt 220v stuff. :)

...so even though you are on 220v, we are going to be talking about some 30-40 amp heater and lots of power.

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I say 220v, I am in the US and 220v means high amps. Most things are not 220v here unless they need to be 20+ amps and use a lot of power. We do not have 50 watt 220v stuff. :)

...so even though you are on 220v, we are going to be talking about some 30-40 amp heater and lots of power.
oh ok
ill need chiller more than heater :p i am from Saudi Arabia and its very hot all the year
most likley i won't need actioly both heart or chiller as the room will have AC running 24 hour
and sure for electricity its not a problem at all

also i saw in Tidal Gardens he use RODI system
do you know what kind ? its with 0 wast

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back