Built another small Blue hypo reactor today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cool2burn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cool2burn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
109
Reaction score
145
Location
NAPLES
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a airtight acrylic mason jar.
20210718_194736.jpg

Then I drilled 2 5/8 inch holes at the top.

20210718_194741.jpg


Next is a couple of quick connector for tubing threaded for 1/2 pvc on the other side. To that fitting I placed a washer and cut some reused pvc to fit the jar. I also drilled an end cap.
20210718_201934.jpg


After this I cut a piece of knitting board to the size of the jar

20210718_201940.jpg
20210718_205821.jpg


The other side I made an input with some spare pvc.

20210718_205849.jpg

Finally I wrapped it in grow light strip.

And villa!

20210718_213819.jpg


any thoughts?
20210718_213825.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new