Bulb Configuration

tepperchris

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2014
Messages
285
Reaction score
46
Location
Virginia Beach VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Fairly new to t5's/ sps. Any sps I had prior grew under my radions. I wanted a standalone sps tank/frag tank so I just got the deep blue 30g frag tank. I also bought the 24" ati 6 bulb t5 fixture ( since most said that would be the best for me to get right now). I have it approx 8" off the top of the water and about 16-18" from the frag rack. the fixture allows it to have 4 bulbs on at once and the other 2.

What bulb configuration would be best for coral color/growth as well as times.

Only other input I received was run a coral plus and blue plus 6-8 hours of the day, and the other 4 blue plus for total of 10-12 hours.

Blues kick on 10am- off 10pm
coral plus/b+ on 12pm- off 6pm

Is that a good light combo / time setup? If not any other suggestions or input are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
That's a good combo and timing. I run something similar. I personally swapped out 2 b+ for a purple (white channel) and actinic for my setup. I love lots of blue but some acros visually look better under a little more white.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new