Bulk Head plumbing question

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190121_082029.jpg

so i will be moving my tank from its current location. I will have to remove the plumbing from the bulk heads. My question is....Do i have to replace the gasket that goes between the bulkhead and the glass inside the overflow or can i reuse? My tank is leak free and worry that taking apart then putting back together may all of a sudden give me leaks that i don't want.

Unfortunately i'm going to have to cut some of my plumbing and re addunions because i glued it in a way that is impossible to take apart without doing so. :-(

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would as well.

They are relatively cheap and you can rest easy that you have done everything you can to prevent a disaster. I am very frugal (ok, cheap) and I don't reuse them unless it's on a pond or something outside.

I just gave my buddy 4 because he was wanting to reuse the ones on a tank he is moving and said no, take these! :)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 with the above posts.

It would be good to use a razor and Denatured alcohol in the OF sections where the old bulkheads are to clean away any buildup preventing leaks before you put in the new bulkheads.

OP
OP
fernalfer

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went Slip to Thread on the Bulkheads prior, if i buy new Bulkheads should i now go Slip to Slip? The only reason i went Slip to thread was because i thought icould just reuse the same bulkheads. But everyone who has responded says i should get new bulkheads anyways.

Back