• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulk Reef Supply Customer Service

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a rather unfortunate exchange with Bulk Reef Supply over the purchase of the Piranha Float Plus algae scraper. What came out of the box looked nothing like the photo on their web site. The felt was peeling off and hanging over the edges. It looked as if a kindergartner glued the felt to the dry side block. After a rather terse exchange with their customer service rep, the restocking fee was waived. I must say I had a cancerous tumor removed from my body more easily. While I appreciate them finally understanding, the exchange that ensued when a month went by and I had yet to be refunded really just poured some Tropic Marin salt on the wound. The agent could've just said, Sorry for the delay, however, she just had to get the last jab in there to say "We found nothing wrong with the product." You would've thought I was asking for them to give me their first born! Very disappointed. I'd say we both wasted more than the $5.70 restocking fee in this unfortunate incident.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a rather unfortunate exchange with Bulk Reef Supply over the purchase of the Piranha Float Plus algae scraper. What came out of the box looked nothing like the photo on their web site. The felt was peeling off and hanging over the edges. It looked as if a kindergartner glued the felt to the dry side block. After a rather terse exchange with their customer service rep, the restocking fee was waived. I must say I had a cancerous tumor removed from my body more easily. While I appreciate them finally understanding, the exchange that ensued when a month went by and I had yet to be refunded really just poured some Tropic Marin salt on the wound. The agent could've just said, Sorry for the delay, however, she just had to get the last jab in there to say "We found nothing wrong with the product." You would've thought I was asking for them to give me their first born! Very disappointed. I'd say we both wasted more than the $5.70 restocking fee in this unfortunate incident.

Apologies for seeing this late. I'm happy to hear that at the end of the day, everything was taken care of. On the flip side, I'm disappointed to hear that it was so difficult to reach a resolution. I'm going to send your message over to our customer service team manager, Jen, so that we can evaluate this situation and serve you, the customer, better next time. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to give us this feedback!

OP
OP
See Gee Sea

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to respond back. On a positive note the customer service rep acted quickly to get the suction cup feet to the pump for the BRS deluxe reactor that were also missing in the order. I just found the comment that nothing was found wrong was not necessary, given I had lauded them for waiving the fee said their actions kept a customer from going elsewhere for dry goods. I tried to contact the manufacturer to express my frustration with the design. I just think for that price, it would've been more neatly put together. Thanks again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back