• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy March 2013

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting together a group buy, details can be found here. I'm new to the hobby so I need to get some supplies.

The group buy starts the first Tuesday after I fill the list; I hope to start on the 5th.

Details:
  • Minimum 10 participants.
  • Each participant must currently have or create a free account on BulkReefSupply.com.
  • No obligations (you can join the group buy and are not required to spend a single penny).
  • There are no purchase quantity or order size requirements.
  • Each participant gets the lowest prices even if he only buys one item.
  • Wait to purchase your items until after you receive an email from BRS stating that the group buy has begun (on a Tuesday).
  • You have one week (until Monday) to make your purchases.
  • Items are shipped immediately from BRS to your designated shipping location (e.g., your house).

To join, PM me the following:
  1. Your last name (associated with your BRS account)
  2. Your e-mail address (associated with your BRS account)
  3. Do I have your permission to use your information for future group buys? [YES/NO]
I respect your privacy and won't use your information for anything other than this month's group buy (unless you permit me to use it for future buys only at BRS with no obligations - see #3 above).

Current signup list:
  1. myself

chlwodud85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized that there was another group buy for BRS this week with more people, why dont you add yourself on that list instead.. its the one below yours by marshal

OP
OP
R

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just realized that there was another group buy for BRS this week with more people, why dont you add yourself on that list instead.. its the one below yours by marshal
Because I'm not sure I'd make the list in time, and we might actually have to push mine off a week later, which makes more sense. Plus I'm new and trying to make prefered reefer status.

OP
OP
R

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was an edit button, am I just missing it?

The list is up to 5 now. :D

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately brs no longer carries the ati sunpower fixtures due to ati discontinuning them. I may possibly still need a couple items so I'll still join the buy I could use ro membranes

OP
OP
R

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've made the minimum. So far we have 11 participants. I'll continue to take names up through Sunday night.

OP
OP
R

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: I'm going to close the list Saturday night instead of Sunday night.

CaCrimson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it free shipping if you do a group purchase ???

You still have to spend $175 (I think it's after all discounts) to get free shipping. I've never tried $175 before all discounts (bonus points, etc) to see if you still get free shipping, but my hunch is that you still have to spend $175 after all discounts to get free shipping.

I definitely know the group buy has no special shipping promotions. It is a discount on items, between 5-10% and some have no discount.

OP
OP
R

reefomatix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, you should have received a PM back saying I added you. Group buy starts this Tuesday. Good luck and happy reefing!

CaCrimson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how BRS ships so incredibly fast! I placed an order this morning for 32 items. One hour, 39-minutes later it's shipped! Just incredible.

BTW, reefomatix, thanks for organizing!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back