Bulkhead Size Question

Watevadog5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
226
Reaction score
164
Location
S.I.N.Y
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a simple question... the pvc I am using is .5 inch and just realized my bulkhead has a tiny leak. when I took it apart I noticed a small crack ( very old dried out bulkhead) I cant remember for the life of me what size bulkhead I need... any help is appreciated
 
Threaded bulkheads give you 2 sizes, inside and outside. You will need to remove the old bulkhead and measure the hole to get the outside diameter of the bulkhead you need. Then just look for one that is that size and start from there. Depending on the inside threads you may need to adapt what you have existing if you don't find the perfect match for both.
 
1/2" pipe uses a 1/2" bulkhead. the exterior threads on a bulkhead are only for securing the bulkhead with the required nut. PVC will thread into the BH, hope that helps
 
1/2" pipe uses a 1/2" bulkhead. the exterior threads on a bulkhead are only for securing the bulkhead with the required nut. PVC will thread into the BH, hope that helps
But the exterior thread is made to fit a variety of hole sizes. I've seen 1/2" bulkheads made for hole sizes ranging from 1-1/8 to 1-5/8. You need to measure and match up the size of the hole with the bulkhead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new