Bulkhead sizes

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EDO

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2015
Messages
221
Reaction score
79
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I measure a bulkhead fitting to know what size it is for ordering new ones?
 
How do I measure a bulkhead fitting to know what size it is for ordering new ones?
The size is based on the size of your PVC piping. So if you have 1 1/2" pvc pipe on your overflow then that is the size bulkhead fitting you need.
 
Thanks, That helped. I just ordered some from BRS.
 
Note that some tanks have schedule 80 bulkheads, which require a different size hole than a schedule 40.
 
Note that some tanks have schedule 80 bulkheads, which require a different size hole than a schedule 40.
Sch 80 is a grey plastic,
BH-RH20007-2.jpg


Sch 40 bulkhead fitting is black
jt_bulkhead.jpg
 
Thanks, the old ones were the black ones that BRS labels as ABS.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new