Bulkhead sizes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Cookeville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on drilling my tank so I can run a sump underneath and I am not sure what size bulkheads would be appropriate for me to use and how many. I was thinking drill two holes where the overflow will be and one where the return will be. What sizes would you recommend? I have a 29g and building a 10g sump. The return pump is about 400 gph.
 
I plan on drilling my tank so I can run a sump underneath and I am not sure what size bulkheads would be appropriate for me to use and how many. I was thinking drill two holes where the overflow will be and one where the return will be. What sizes would you recommend? I have a 29g and building a 10g sump. The return pump is about 400 gph.

anywhere between 1/4 and half inch might work.

maybe half down and 1/4 up.

just thinking out loud. id wait until others chime in.
 
So just to be sure, I should get two half inch that go in the overflow and one 1/4 in for the return. And this is what to get right?

image.png
 
So just to be sure, I should get two half inch that go in the overflow and one 1/4 in for the return. And this is what to get right?

image.png

i wouldnt bite the bullet just yet. as i am not 100%.
if it were my tank id go 1/2 all the way around. 1/2 pvc.

i was thinking out loud how much due to your size and gph
 
i wouldnt bite the bullet just yet. as i am not 100%.
if it were my tank id go 1/2 all the way around. 1/2 pvc.

i was thinking out loud how much due to your size and gph
It would be nice if I could go 1/2 inch all the way around because then I only need to buy one drill bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new