• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Something ALWAYS arrives broken

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(

IMG_5695.JPG

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is on the bottom of most of their rock product descriptions-
"Shipping: BRS makes every effort to securely pack the Rock. However, the UPS automation is not always gentle on heavy products like this and they do not consider this product insurable. Because of this, there is some inherent risk with shipping rock like this across the country and it is impossible to replace or refund broken pieces. If this happens most pieces can be repaired with epoxy."

Its kind of hard to blame them for the UPS guy being rough on a heavy box of fragile rock.

OP
OP
ReefCheef

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not blaming them, just sharing my experience. Unless Ace Ventura was the delivery guy, it's hard to believe it was all broken in shipping. I'm talking crumbs, not broken rocks. Anything's possible though!

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not blaming them, just sharing my experience. Unless Ace Ventura was the delivery guy, it's hard to believe it was all broken in shipping. I'm talking crumbs, not broken rocks. Anything's possible though!
It's not my place too doubt your experience. I would be super bummer if that happened to me.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the rocks, I've bought multiple boxes from another vendor with 75% breakage. I blame the rock company, Carribsea in my case, for not properly packaging the product. I would be upset with Real Reef first. Same with the Marco. BRS didn't manufacture and pack it, Marco did. You can put the cement in a zip lock until you're ready to use it. As long as it's not gotten wet, it should be ok. No need to use it all at once. I feel your pain, though. I don't know how much I've spent on epoxy to glue Caribsea arches back together.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the non value added information with regards to your real issue. Entertaining at most... That being said it sounds like your issues are product specific and not really controlled by brs. If you got some crappy campbell's soup that you bought at Walmart are you holding Walmart responsible? Work with them on policy's and if they can't cover you then I guess you got a legit problem. If you can afford 4k a month on rent I'm thinking 85 dollars on a one time bad shipment is the least of your concerns.

codee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got some crappy campbell's soup that you bought at Walmart are you holding Walmart responsible?
Yes, I would. In many states, a retailer can be held fully liable for selling a defective product. Obviously, no one is making claims for personal injury or damages here, but it's up to BRS to make sure that goods they are selling are in good condition before they go out the door.

There are lots of places where we can buy dry goods for our aquariums - it sounds like BRS lost a new customer who was ready to spend a big chunk of change to outfit his new 80" aquarium.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would. In many states, a retailer can be held fully liable for selling a defective product. Obviously, no one is making claims for personal injury or damages here, but it's up to BRS to make sure that goods they are selling are in good condition before they go out the door.

There are lots of places where we can buy dry goods for our aquariums - it sounds like BRS lost a new customer who was ready to spend a big chunk of change to outfit his new 80" aquarium.
Well, don't know what to say. I completely disagree with you and cannot subscribe to this logic. Unless you can prove it and you are stating they knowingly continue to sell bad product with malintent, quality issues from that manufacturer cannot be controlled outside the source. This is just tin hat thinking in my opinion.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back