Bull Reef Supply Refacto Juice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone with Bulk Reef Supply please check into this for me? I ordered the Bulk Reef Supply refacto juice to calibrate my refractometer. I tested it against my Fritz calibration fluid that I’m almost out of and the BRS solution was only measuring 30ppt.

I thought maybe the fritz solution was off but I took them to an lfs and their calibration matched the fritz. I called BRS and spoke to customer service. They said they couldn’t check anything because they don’t have access to the warehouse so they just sent me another bottle. The new bottle also measures at 30ppt.

I took the solutions to a second lfs and they again show that the fritz is the accurate one. I feel like this could be a big deal if people are calibrating their salinity based on a solution that is 5 ppt off. Is there anyone that could pull one of the bottles from your warehouse and test it? I’m assuming that my Fritz solution and the 2 lfs measurements are correct but I would like to confirm with you guys.

Thanks.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone with Bulk Reef Supply please check into this for me? I ordered the Bulk Reef Supply refacto juice to calibrate my refractometer. I tested it against my Fritz calibration fluid that I’m almost out of and the BRS solution was only measuring 30ppt.

I thought maybe the fritz solution was off but I took them to an lfs and their calibration matched the fritz. I called BRS and spoke to customer service. They said they couldn’t check anything because they don’t have access to the warehouse so they just sent me another bottle. The new bottle also measures at 30ppt.

I took the solutions to a second lfs and they again show that the fritz is the accurate one. I feel like this could be a big deal if people are calibrating their salinity based on a solution that is 5 ppt off. Is there anyone that could pull one of the bottles from your warehouse and test it? I’m assuming that my Fritz solution and the 2 lfs measurements are correct but I would like to confirm with you guys.

Thanks.

Hi There,

I'm very sorry to hear about the results from the Refracto Juice. We will get some pulled to compare to so we can check the batches again. Since we will be doing a larger pull this may take a day or so as we want to spot check several bottles and batches so we can correct this issue if it is indeed wrong. We appreciate you reporting this issue to us.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the batch/lot #s the same on both bottles you received?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any follow up on this?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing this out there, but with some scales, table salt, and rodi water it’s easy and cheap to make your own calibration solution.
After getting an inaccurate salinity standard (not from BRS) I no longer buy it. I just make my own because I trust myself to make it properly more than a company.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have an update once we complete testing. Accuracy of a calibration solution is critical on a parameter like this so we want to ensure we do our due diligence in testing current inventory and with production where we make the solution. We are hoping to have this updated later today or tomorrow.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have successfully completed a comprehensive quality test process in collaboration with our team responsible for creating each batch of reference solution. Our approach to testing included using 5 different salinity measurement devices as well as referencing two other reference solutions from other suppliers. Through testing multiple bottles from each different batch as well as each batch and comparing results from each 3rd party solution we found consistent results of 35ppt across the board for each batch.

If, by any chance, you encounter a bottle that falls short of your expectations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team directly at [email protected]. For this specific product it will help to include the batch number in your reach out, which also is the same as the expiration date. Your satisfaction is a top priority for us, and the team is here to support that in any way possible.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back