Burritos 40 breeder build: doing it slow...maybe

Failure
7D8F2558-5169-40EA-ABCB-96A89FDF0FDA.jpeg


Take 2. Success!
345993C7-16DD-44DA-BC90-5B83A2780A55.jpeg

543C91C3-906C-4735-A642-184DE070A9E2.jpeg


Now to paint the back and finally get started on plumbing.
 
Painting the back turned our to be a huge PITA. Used rustoleum flat black latex paint and it basically created a layer of paint on top of the glass. When it dried it came right off the glass in one huge sheet. Went back and used my standby of black plastidip and was done in a few coats.
4D13BE3D-6B3D-4D00-96D8-CDE433A4C024.jpeg

Next plumbing. I might try out flex pvc for the return. Never used it before and then regular pvc for the drains.

Below is my current tank sump plumbing.
B8514985-DA9A-457D-9069-6C2E0C92A1E7.jpeg
 
That’s a sharp stand and is in line with what I want for my 40B. Do you have a rough guess how much it cost you to put together? I have seen other threads with costs but always for much bigger tanks.
 
Stand is probably about 550-600 including the light stand part. I like that in the future I can change some parts around and use it for bigger/smaller sizes. They are not cheap but they are bulletproof. Goes together with an Allen key.
 
Last edited:
Thanks again for the help. I’ll be building my own stand this way if I ever upgrade the 100g
 
no problem! For a bigger tank, feel free to PM me and I can help do a 3d drawing with a parts list.
 
Just curious did you ever put water in this tank? I was curious if it was above the trim or not
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new