Burrow for Pistol Shrimp/Goby pair

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have a pistol shrimp right now and I’m looking to get a watchman goby for him to pair with. The only problem is that I’m scared my BSJ will fight with them. To prevent this I was thinking about making my own burrow for them in the front of the tank. Anybody ever done this before or have any idea how to?
TIA :)

(Btw I will be adding more sand in soon)

image.jpg
 
It took you more time to type this post then it will for those two to make there own cozy burrow, and the chances of them using one that you want them to is slim to none.

The YWG and BSJ should be fine together.
 
It took you more time to type this post then it will for those two to make there own cozy burrow, and the chances of them using one that you want them to is slim to none.

The YWG and BSJ should be fine together.
Ok, thank you. Do you think a pink spotted watchman would be fine too?
 
I’m not having much success yet with my shrimp/goby pairing. They’re both juveniles but so far my tiger goby has done nothing but harass my candy stripe pistol.
 
My watchman and pistol paired almost immediately and went to work! They had a burrow dug in no time. No sense in trying to make a burrow because they will make multiple anyway. But you'll definitely will need more sand for sure. I'd say add another 1/2"-1" more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new