OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reeffactory large filter roller cam in and I installed it. It is larger than I thought and is a tight fit. Maybe I should have gone with the medium. The description said the inlet is 1.5 inches but it is not it’s slightly smaller than 1.25. I have 2 Durso drains and I wanted to make them one going into the filter. Was not to hard with a trip to Lowe’s.

Attachments

• IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2147.jpeg
    IMG_2147.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 12

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and sump.. I was looking at that same sump for my very similar 8 ft tank find (Jan this year)... I ended up with a trigger systems 44 inch. Love that rock too... I might get some of that same stuff to build an arch with .. but I need to get my tank settled with all the rock I have now first.

I am at the same stage almost... shopping sand and need to get my lighting mounted lol!

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and sump.. I was looking at that same sump for my very similar 8 ft tank find (Jan this year)... I ended up with a trigger systems 44 inch. Love that rock too... I might get some of that same stuff to build an arch with .. but I need to get my tank settled with all the rock I have now first.

I am at the same stage almost... shopping sand and need to get my lighting mounted lol!
Nice you will like the trigger 44 that is what I have for n my SCA 150

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing some stuff a little at a time and over the last two weeks I got a lot further than I thought.

First hitting up R2R market has kept this endeavor within budget. A big shout out to all those I have dealt with.Thank you for reasonable deals and prompt shipping.

I got the 4 Sky’s mounted in the canopy and also mounted a couple small fans to move fresh air in and around.

Also got to work on getting controllers and such mounted.I still have work to do on cable management and still need to get ink bird and second 500w heater installed as I have not received it yet from SWS.

Things progressed enough to fill the tank with RODI this took about 30 hrs. Once the tank was filled and circulation started and brought up to temp it was time to add the salt.
I went with 2LF Acuusea1 salt. I added slowly to the sump over a course of the day. This salt mixed fast and the pre packaged bags made this easy.

IMG_2174.jpeg
IMG_2175.jpeg
IMG_2157.jpeg
IMG_2158.jpeg
IMG_2181.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_2179.jpeg
IMG_2180.jpeg

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the setup you have going for your controller!
Thank You I made it with 1/4" pvc board from Lowe's. Solid 2 side open to back and right side. this allows me to slide it away from the corner and behind it are the Power supplies mounted to the cabinet wall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great deal! Congrats!

Sooo…What are you planning on doing with that extra rock?
I sold a few to local guys through a local Facebook group. and The rest took to my LFS and he is selling them and I get store credit like I do when selling frags.

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an excellent sized tank! Looks amazing after the clean up. I did this as well with a 100 gal that nobody wanted and it came out so clean!

Enjoy! Looking forward to it growing!
I am really liking it still got things to do. Making a stocking list. waiting on a Wavengine so I can run the 3 FX350s mounted on the back wall. I will mount that in the canopy as well so I do not have to trace cords out when needing cleaning.
The 350 say they are rated for 3/4" but it is a weak connection. I am going to go to harbor freight tonight and pick up some 200lb pull magnets and they should hold the Gyers a lot better. They have a Eye bolt on the back of them so I will tie a small rope or wire to it and have it strapped to the canopy so when I take the Gyers of for maintenance the magnet will not fall down behind the tank.

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really liking it still got things to do. Making a stocking list. waiting on a Wavengine so I can run the 3 FX350s mounted on the back wall. I will mount that in the canopy as well so I do not have to trace cords out when needing cleaning.
The 350 say they are rated for 3/4" but it is a weak connection. I am going to go to harbor freight tonight and pick up some 200lb pull magnets and they should hold the Gyers a lot better. They have a Eye bolt on the back of them so I will tie a small rope or wire to it and have it strapped to the canopy so when I take the Gyers of for maintenance the magnet will not fall down behind the tank.
Word of caution with any controllers or major electrical in your canopy, it will be a humid environment even with ventilation, which can lead to premature failure of sensitive equipment like controllers of any sort.

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word of caution with any controllers or major electrical in your canopy, it will be a humid environment even with ventilation, which can lead to premature failure of sensitive equipment like controllers of any sort.The only controller in the canopy will be the Hydros wave engine with has a IP rating for just such a deal.
I was concerned about that too that is why I am going with a Hydros Wave Engine there because it has an IP rating of 65.That will be the only controller up there.

Last edited:
Back