Butterflies behavior in reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter LaloJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LaloJ

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2021
Messages
808
Reaction score
820
Location
México
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks ☕.
It's common to see a Copperband in a reef tank, but I'm sure some other butterflyfish might have a better reputation in reef tanks. Zoster or Polylepis butterflies are often found in reef tanks too... Do you have any other species of butterflyfish that have gotten along well with corals over a long period?
 
I tried a klein's butterfly once. It was a voracious aiptasia eater, and while I never saw it directly attacking any corals, most all of my corals refused to extend polyps until I removed the butterfly.
 
I'm looking for a good option to place them with easy to maintain soft corals.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new