Buy mp40 or corals

Dragonreef202

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
574
Location
Washington, DC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just wondering should I look at mp40 or buy some corals? Just seen a lot of people selling them thought I might grab one. It will be on a 75 gallon. Right now it has as 2?koralia 1050's I see them listed in selling forum for reasonable prices. Just thought I would ask price for one of those mp40's or stock tank with corals
 
I personally would say save the extra money, buy a maxispect x130 and some corals... win win
 
Bought my first used mp40 and love it. I'm even thinking of how to afford my second. :) Im glad I did. Nothing can compare to good flow and these are made really well. No detail was overlooked in engineering them.
 
That's good to hear I'll be looking at one just went on Legendary corals and bought4 corals so now on to my mp40 waiting for my maxspect 420 320 w to arrive Friday
 
Bought my first used mp40 and love it. I'm even thinking of how to afford my second. :) Im glad I did. Nothing can compare to good flow and these are made really well. No detail was overlooked in engineering them.
I see they run for 200 used on here is that too much?
 
200$ is a steal. I bought 2x used ones on here a few weeks ago and Ill be honest 200$ in coral doesnt go very far and an MP40 is worth ever penny. IMO its a better investment then coral and it will keep your future coral happier.
 
Mp 40, the corals you buy in the future will reward you.
 
+1 on the MP-40. With the added flow, you're coral options will increase.
 
I've tried a lot of powerheads and would never run anything but a vortech on any high dollar setup. What I mean by that is my current setup has many pricey SPS. I would not trust flow to something other than ecotech products.

That being said, I have a Jebao PP4 on my office softie tank and am quite impressed. Let's see how long it holds up though.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new