Buy/Sell/Trade + Feedback Posting Policy

Mark SF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a member for this forum for quite a few years, and recently got back into the hobby. I've been on a bit of a spending spree, which means I have been using the Selling forums and scanning them daily for deals. Truth be told, I've been an avid reader and less of a contributor on R2R, however my contribution to the community at large has been made other ways.

I ran into a situation where I had a disappointing transaction as a buyer, and this is where I ran into an issue with our policy: R2R allows users (buyers) with less than 30 posts to view and PM sellers on the B/S/T page, but you don't give them a voice in the feedback section. Other than reporting a user, I have no way of informing the community of a seller who did live up to their end of the bargain.

Since these types of posts are useless without recommendations, two ideas:

- Lower the required post count to participate in the B/S/T forums
- or Provide all users, regardless of post count, participate in the B/S/T feedback section

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't need many more posts to view and post in that forum.

The rule is there to keep people from joining just to bash vendors or shill for themselves or their friends.

OP
OP
M

Mark SF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really don't need many more posts to view and post in that forum.

The rule is there to keep people from joining just to bash vendors or shill for themselves or their friends.

I think your first statement is relative, your rules also require "meaningful" posts. I understand the rule, but you didn't address the point that you can participate in the buying, but nothing else. I get that we aren't talking about a lot of posts, perhaps I am the small minority of cases and it doesn't warrant a fix.

-Mark

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your first statement is relative, your rules also require "meaningful" posts. I understand the rule, but you didn't address the point that you can participate in the buying, but nothing else. I get that we aren't talking about a lot of posts, perhaps I am the small minority of cases and it doesn't warrant a fix.

-Mark

It's been reported to the staff for discussion. Thanks for the input.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really want to purchase something on the dry goods list but am unable to post. Saw earlier in this thread where it says we can buy but not sell as a new member. How does this work?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really want to purchase something on the dry goods list but am unable to post. Saw earlier in this thread where it says we can buy but not sell as a new member. How does this work?
You have to have been a member for 30 days and have at least 25 meaningful posts. You've passed the post numbers, but not the time. This can be bypassed by becoming a supporting member.

thomas Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in search of a used 265 gallon tank with corner overflows. Somewhere North Central Texas, and even up into Oklahoma? I found a couple so far, but NEW YORK CITY? CALIFORNIA? hopefully somebody can help me find a good used 7 ft' long tank.

Dbasileccim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to have been a member for 30 days and have at least 25 meaningful posts. You've passed the post numbers, but not the time. This can be bypassed by becoming a supporting member.
Does this mean that I can't ask a question about an item for sale that i might want to buy without having the requisite 25 posts. I don't have a system setup yet and therefore I am attempting to purchase all that i need on the forum but can't ask questions about items. I have been getting by with pm but it doesn't seem that is very helpful to other potential buyers. Not a big complaint, just couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong because I couldn't post.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty simple. And pretty standard. If it chaps that much just go on a posting spree in the build thread. “Looks good !”

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean that I can't ask a question about an item for sale that i might want to buy without having the requisite 25 posts. I don't have a system setup yet and therefore I am attempting to purchase all that i need on the forum but can't ask questions about items. I have been getting by with pm but it doesn't seem that is very helpful to other potential buyers. Not a big complaint, just couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong because I couldn't post.
You can post in threads, I believe you just cannot make a thread.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back