• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyer Beware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to reach out to all forum members about an Issue I had with a so called LFS online store i had some dealings with a couple of months back.

I saw some Hydra26 HD's on ebay from a seller that went by the name of coralfrags4u and had an awesome price for them new. I saw them and I said "Thats a great price for these lights", so I contacted the seller and ask if this price was correct, and he responded with " it was", So I went ahead and purchased the light from ebay. About 1 week later I still hadn't received shipping confirmation on the item, and I reached out to the seller again, and his response was "

coralfrags4u:

PayPal is holding your money, and most everyone else, for some reason. We have talked to them on phone. The only way for the money to be released is for me to mark it shipped and then next day you mark it received. Then they release the money we order your stuff and out goes out next business day, straight to you from wholesaler.

Seemed a bit sketchy, so i contacted PayPal about it, and they said that they had changed their policy on how member receive money, especially from eBay sales and that the seller would not receive the money unless they had a high positive feedback rate. Still didn't make sense to me but they are protecting the buyer by doing so. Once the money sat in limbo for 25 days, they would release it to the seller. I know that this is hard on some HONEST sellers getting into eBay, but that's the way it is now.

So I waited a couple of days more (2 weeks) and contacted the seller again to see if they had released the money, and if he had shipped the light. I received this response:

I sent you a message yesterday. Because you filed a case against us with eBay, they took your your money out of hold in PayPal and now they have your money. I can not ship without the money to send to wholesaler who drop ships straight to your house. I do not house these as inventory add i can sell them, pay for them and have shipped all in the same day. In this case your money went into hold in PayPal and we had no access to it yet. Ebays new policy that we did not know

I never filed a case with eBay, or Paypal. So he had gotten me confused for someone else (1st warning I should of caught on to).
Once he realized that I wasn't the person that filed a case with him, he changed his tone, and said that he would refund me the money, and that if I sent it to him via the friends and family feature, he would be able to ship the lights out by tomorrow. (2nd warning I should of caught on to).

Me trying to look at the good in people sent him the money............. And what a mistake!

Needless to say... I am still waiting for the lights that I purchased in July of this year.

So... after this long winded post, please keep an eye out for a vendor that goes by:

coralfrags4u eBay
[email protected]
furbabymommy5
eBay
[email protected]
http://www.moccorals.net/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/107911703324950/
https://www.facebook.com/angela.dobson
https://www.facebook.com/eric.dobson.33
@MOC CORALS

They are based in North Carolina
I got Screwed.... and do not want anyone else getting screwed either.

Last edited:

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they stopped responding to you? What are they telling you is taking so long? Sometimes takes a while to get items from overseas. I've got things in as little as 1 1/2 weeks and other things waited a month or better. Just depends on the mode of transportation.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they stopped responding to you? What are they telling you is taking so long? Sometimes takes a while to get items from overseas. I've got things in as little as 1 1/2 weeks and other things waited a month or better. Just depends on the mode of transportation.
They are in the USA, just as I am. He kept on telling me that eBay, and Paypal are the ones that have my money which is BS. Then after I sent him the money straight via paypal, he went dark. But the power of the internet is a powerful thing, and forums are second to that.

I don't really care if I get my money back or not, cause I am not hard pressed for it as he and his wife are. I just want to make everyone aware of this joker, his business ethics, and all other members of this community to keep an eye out, since he is a member of this community as well.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a 16 year veteran eBay power seller.. Everything the seller told you is bull, Buying on eBay can be completely safe, Its simple if you do not get your item in the specified time you simply file a case and your money is refunded in a few days or less. It’s very important to read the entire discription especially shipping time

Last edited:
OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a 16 year veteran eBay power seller.. Everything the seller told you is bull, Buying on eBay can be completely safe, Its simple if you do not get your item in the specified time you simply file a case and your money is refunded in a few days or less. It’s very important to read the entire disruption especially shipping time
Shipping Description on the item was clear (Free shipping, item would be shipped after payment is received.) Once item was purchased, was when the story changed that he does not carry the item, and that he would have the item dropped shipped directly from the vendor.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping Description on the item was clear (Free shipping, item would be shipped after payment is received.) Once item was purchased, was when the story changed that he does not carry the item, and that he would have the item dropped shipped directly from the vendor.

Never saw a listing without a specified delivery time.. you don’t deal with seller if you have a problem, file a case with eBay and they act as middle man.. buyers always get the benefit of any doubt and 99 out of a 100 times you will get your money back.

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the same thing with that seller regarding the holding of the payment. I actually released the funds to him prior to receiving the items but he made good on his promise. I received by two Hydra 52HD lights, mounts, two MP40wQD, and M-1 Vectra return pump. I was at first sketched out by having to release the funds through PayPal, but I spoke to him online and over the phone and he's a good dude. I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the same thing with that seller regarding the holding of the payment. I actually released the funds to him prior to receiving the items but he made good on his promise. I received by two Hydra 52HD lights, mounts, two MP40wQD, and M-1 Vectra return pump. I was at first sketched out by having to release the funds through PayPal, but I spoke to him online and over the phone and he's a good dude. I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding.
I'm glad to hear that he came through with your order @mtdaly85, but it's been since July, and still nothing.

The mistake I made was to send him the money through paypal using the family and friend option, which you have no recourse if filing a complaint.

I've made several attempts after via emails and never received a response back from him.

I posted this in another forum (carolinafishtalk.com) and one of the members there were able to find his FB group page, and profiles. I have since send him a PM, and again he stated that Paypal had taken my money.

After sending him a screen shot of the transaction via paypal, he has now changed his tune and says he will pay me back $100 at the end of the month.

I'm not expecting them to send me any money back as hes had ample time to do so.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear that he came through with your order @mtdaly85, but it's been since July, and still nothing.

The mistake I made was to send him the money through paypal using the family and friend option, which you have no recourse if filing a complaint.

I've made several attempts after via emails and never received a response back from him.

I posted this in another forum (carolinafishtalk.com) and one of the members there were able to find his FB group page, and profiles. I have since send him a PM, and again he stated that Paypal had taken my money.

After sending him a screen shot of the transaction via paypal, he has now changed his tune and says he will pay me back $100 at the end of the month.

I'm not expecting them to send me any money back as hes had ample time to do so.

Even though this was through friends and family, I wonder if PayPal will see this communication chain and make an exception. Might be unlikely, but he has obviously stated it was for products and that you haven't receive them, AND he said he would send you the money back.. Worth a shot. Hope it works out.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ihavecrabs I did contact Paypal about the friends and family payment issue, and they founded that the issue could not be resolved. I even sent Paypal this email he sent me about the lights, but they denied my claim.

To
Message body
Your name is Jose Esteves....correct?
Yes i remember now that you put the money in PayPal $289
Im checking now to see where the light is
Sorry for the mix up earlier
Eric

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would suggest to never every use the family and friends option for a purchase on eBay.
If you want to pay for the charge that they normally incurred you can simply add to the price you are paying them and tell them it is a tip.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to never every use the family and friends option for a purchase on eBay.
If you want to pay for the charge that they normally incurred you can simply add to the price you are paying them and tell them it is a tip.
Trust me... I learned my lesson.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, that’s rough.

reefisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to reach out to all forum members about an Issue I had with a so called LFS online store i had some dealings with a couple of months back.

I saw some Hydra26 HD's on ebay from a seller that went by the name of coralfrags4u and had an awesome price for them new. I saw them and I said "Thats a great price for these lights", so I contacted the seller and ask if this price was correct, and he responded with " it was", So I went ahead and purchased the light from ebay. About 1 week later I still hadn't received shipping confirmation on the item, and I reached out to the seller again, and his response was "

coralfrags4u:

PayPal is holding your money, and most everyone else, for some reason. We have talked to them on phone. The only way for the money to be released is for me to mark it shipped and then next day you mark it received. Then they release the money we order your stuff and out goes out next business day, straight to you from wholesaler.

Seemed a bit sketchy, so i contacted PayPal about it, and they said that they had changed their policy on how member receive money, especially from eBay sales and that the seller would not receive the money unless they had a high positive feedback rate. Still didn't make sense to me but they are protecting the buyer by doing so. Once the money sat in limbo for 25 days, they would release it to the seller. I know that this is hard on some HONEST sellers getting into eBay, but that's the way it is now.

So I waited a couple of days more (2 weeks) and contacted the seller again to see if they had released the money, and if he had shipped the light. I received this response:

I sent you a message yesterday. Because you filed a case against us with eBay, they took your your money out of hold in PayPal and now they have your money. I can not ship without the money to send to wholesaler who drop ships straight to your house. I do not house these as inventory add i can sell them, pay for them and have shipped all in the same day. In this case your money went into hold in PayPal and we had no access to it yet. Ebays new policy that we did not know

I never filed a case with eBay, or Paypal. So he had gotten me confused for someone else (1st warning I should of caught on to).
Once he realized that I wasn't the person that filed a case with him, he changed his tone, and said that he would refund me the money, and that if I sent it to him via the friends and family feature, he would be able to ship the lights out by tomorrow. (2nd warning I should of caught on to).

Me trying to look at the good in people sent him the money............. And what a mistake!

Needless to say... I am still waiting for the lights that I purchased in July of this year.

So... after this long winded post, please keep an eye out for a vendor that goes by:

coralfrags4u eBay
[email protected]
furbabymommy5
eBay
[email protected]
http://www.moccorals.net/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/107911703324950/
https://www.facebook.com/angela.dobson
https://www.facebook.com/eric.dobson.33
@MOC CORALS

They are based in North Carolina
I got Screwed.... and do not want anyone else getting screwed either.
Thanks for the heads up, I got caught on a scam as well.. speak to a supervisor at paypal.. they should resolve your issue..

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really sorry you lost your money but this is completely frustrating to read.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back