CADE unboxing left in sadness.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Delly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Algaebarn, Cade, sends instructions on what to do when tank arrives. I paid extra to have it side by side and not stacked. The crates had damage, a lot of pictures taken and I documented that in writing on the shippers slip. Next I sent all pics relating to anything that was damaged to Cade at Algaebarn, they sent replacement pieces which were the hinges on the glass door. This was the 600G2 glass door version.
Yes, Algaebarn it is very specific on their instructions to follow upon arrival. They even send you a sheet to follow and emails addressing delivery.
 
1782161867398.jpeg


My Glass Cages items made it clear 'not' to stack. Seems like common sense.
 
I also never signed anything you dropped off the tank and was on his way. If anything he could have delivered it to a completely different guy.
Don’t play with that argument, you sound sneaky and the judge will not be impressed.

You took pictures of the damage when you unwrapped the boxes, send copies of them to CADE and let them deal with replacements for you, who cares if the shipping company or Cade eats this. Leave the issue in their hands and accept only full replacements for damaged items. I think they will make you whole.
 
1782161867398.jpeg


My Glass Cages items made it clear 'not' to stack. Seems like common sense.

Because the cardboard can't hold the weight and you pay for them to be shipped like this. Stacking pallets makes it much cheaper to ship but with the risk of serious damage like we have seen here in the OP
 
That makes sense, too. So I guess it's a trade off... or pick your poison (?)
 
Algaebarn, Cade, sends instructions on what to do when tank arrives. I paid extra to have it side by side and not stacked. The crates had damage, a lot of pictures taken and I documented that in writing on the shippers slip. Next I sent all pics relating to anything that was damaged to Cade at Algaebarn, they sent replacement pieces which were the hinges on the glass door. This was the 600G2 glass door version.
Yes, Algaebarn it is very specific on their instructions to follow upon arrival. They even send you a sheet to follow and emails addressing delivery.
IM also sends detailed instructions on how to receive. Including what to do if the driver refuses to wait for you to open the crate for inspection.
 
TYPICAL AQUARIUM DELIVERY DRIVER:
1782166370127.gif

"Let's go, let's go!! I don't have time to hang around while you look for scratched glass and broken parts!!"
 
Don’t play with that argument, you sound sneaky and the judge will not be impressed.

You took pictures of the damage when you unwrapped the boxes, send copies of them to CADE and let them deal with replacements for you, who cares if the shipping company or Cade eats this. Leave the issue in their hands and accept only full replacements for damaged items. I think they will make you whole.

Ya I hope so,

I also wasn't trying to be sneaky, I was just shocked that there isn't like a photo id or something. I'm even thinking about like at work, you just get things dropped off and that is it, no one asks for anything but I generally do sign a Bill of laden.
 
This driver was not doing that no way. I also called the shipper and then got a time estimate of 2 hours that he will be at my location. 30 mins later he showered up.
The driver is not the one that dictates whether the package is accepted or not. Of course they want you to accept it. It makes their life easier. For future reference, you can record the interaction and I am certain they will take the tank back if you have it on video that you are rejecting delivery.

When I had my replacement tank delivered a few months ago, there was one corner of the shipping box which was damaged. I told the delivery person that he needed to stay until I opened the box so I could inspect for damage. Luckily there was no damage to anything inside the shipping box so I accepted the delivery.
 
The driver is not the one that dictates whether the package is accepted or not. Of course they want you to accept it. It makes their life easier. For future reference, you can record the interaction and I am certain they will take the tank back if you have it on video that you are rejecting delivery.

When I had my replacement tank delivered a few months ago, there was one corner of the shipping box which was damaged. I told the delivery person that he needed to stay until I opened the box so I could inspect for damage. Luckily there was no damage to anything inside the shipping box so I accepted the delivery.
copy above,

I was told by algaebarn that if there is damage and you can hear or see no glass damage then to except delivery and then you have 48 hours to check for damages.
 
TYPICAL AQUARIUM DELIVERY DRIVER:
1782166370127.gif

"Let's go, let's go!! I don't have time to hang around while you look for scratched glass and broken parts!!"
No joke when my IM 40 was delivered - I signed a "leave out front if I'm not home" form, but I happened to be home anyway - the driver started taking an air conditioner off the truck. I could see my aquarium in the back, but he's carrying off this huge AC unit. I was like "This isn't mine. Mine is that big crate in the back." He looked very confused, reexamined the paper. "Ohh yeah, haha." So if I was not home that afternoon, I would have had an air conditioner out front and somebody else would have had my aquarium.
 
I paid to not have mine double stacked and the flipping courier did it anyway when he showed up at my house I watched him go to unstack it and he hung the corner of the box for my stand lifted it about 2 ft before he realized it and it came crashing down as the corner gave way. Broke the glass sump and damaged 3 doors. The tank itself was fine but now I had rented suction cups and had 2 friends and my son coming over the next day to help me set it in place. To their credit Algaebarn was extremely understanding and did everything they could to get me a new stand as quickly as possible delivered so not a dig on their customer service which is very good it is just the trucking industry does not give a crap anymore. They will care for you too and once you get through the frustration you can then try to focus on whats really important and that's taking your time when setting everything up and cycling your tank. Best advice I received was to take it slow as this hobby does require a certain level of patience but 14 months later I am very pleased with where it is at. Cade is a very good build and you will be happy when its done. Algaebarn did not want the damaged stand back told me to just get what I could of it for spare parts
 
Algaebarn was very helpful with my delivery as well. In my case the pallet the tank and stand came on had cracked which resulted in the entire stack leaning. my tank itself was fine but the stand had resulted in a couple broken hinges which caused one door to fall and shatter when opening the crate up.

Algaebarn was great and ended up sending me a new door and im just waiting on the hinges now. Sometimes email support can be a bit slow but you can definitely call them and they should be able to sort everything out for you

You can see the noticeable lean in this pic i took during the delivery date
1782216415694.png
 
Having to pay not too have the stuff double stocked sounds like a scam to me. I've received a large water box 330.7 and recently a Eshopps m100 and neither came double stacked.

330.7 stand on one skid
IMG_E1462.JPG


Tank another
PXL_20240202_181255471.jpg


The Eshopps tank and stand side by side.
PXL_20260610_175022261.jpg
 
One thing that Waterbox does that Cade should consider. My doors were all boxed and not mounted. Obviously, I have to install them, but they are in perfect condition.
 
Innovative Marine says to ask the driver to wait, open the crate, inspect for visible damage, and refuse delivery if there is any damage. I guess all these companies have different arrangements.
I ordered from innovation marine and the driver was in a absolute rush. He only dollyed it half way up my driveway and would not wait. Luckily my order was fine but I don't understand how they expect you to get the driver's to wait. They don't give a crap at all my order was delivered by road runner.
 
I ordered from innovation marine and the driver was in a absolute rush. He only dollyed it half way up my driveway and would not wait. Luckily my order was fine but I don't understand how they expect you to get the driver's to wait. They don't give a crap at all my order was delivered by road runner.
It's definitely a big ask because I'd wager most drivers are not going to wait 15-20 mins while you open the crate. But it's worth asking, I guess.
 
It's definitely a big ask because I'd wager most drivers are not going to wait 15-20 mins while you open the crate. But it's worth asking, I guess.
I haven’t had any issues with having delivery persons wait the 10-15mins for me to inspect large, more delicate deliveries. I had two of these in the last six months and one 3 years ago when my original al RedSea tank was delivered. Maybe I got lucky. I just asked nicely each time and no issues so far. I also made clear that I was under instruction from the sender to do an inspection before accepting delivery.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new