• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyers Beware AV99 *RESOLVED!!*

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyers BEWARE when buying from Tim. After reading this thread,

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/high-end-sps-homewrecker-reef-raft-rmf-many-others.335789/

I purchased his freakshow, goliath, RR incubus, BC purple pille from him which totaled $950. Tim was very communicative answering my questions and keeping in touch with the health of the frags. Combined that with folks who are posting that they received their packs gave me a sense of comfort that everything was going to be ok. We scheduled 11/29 for delivery of the corals. Unfortunately on that day I learned that the package was stuck in IN and after making some calls to Fedex, the package was going to be delayed.

I gave Tim updates throughout the day to make sure we were both aware of the delivery issue and Tim assured me things were going to be fine. On 11/30 the package was finally delivered to my fedex hub and I was able to pick it up. Once home I opened the package to find that the RR incubus was DOA. The freakshow seemed to be ok but it was such a small frag that it was difficult to tell if it was DOA or not. The goliath was pale and could of been down the path of bleaching and I communicated this to Tim. The rest of the corals seemed to show signs of life but given they were in shipment for 40 hrs the water temperature was pretty cold. The corals were slowly acclimated and added to my DT (I always cut the plugs and dip to ensure no pest but Tim assured me he was 100% pest free. I also felt that the extra stress of replugging and dipping could of been too much stress). I shot one more text to Tim to inform him of the DOA and that I would follow up that evening with pics of the corals and Tim responded kindly to thank me and that the incubus was replaceable.

Unfortunately the worst case played out and that evening I came home to find the freakshow, goliath, and purple pille RTN'ed. I had thrown the incubus in the tank anyway but it arrived DOA and at this point was pure white skeleton. I immediately texted Tim with pictures and kindly said that the shipping delay was no one's fault but I hope that he would work with me to get replacements since I paid $950 for a pack and had nothing to show for it at this point. From that moment forward, I have not received a response from Tim and it's been 2 days. I've dealt with many online vendors and hobbyists on R2R when buying corals so I feel I have a pretty good sense of who to buy from and who to avoid. Tim never struck me as the person to immediately brush me off after the sale transaction. Shipping delays happen and corals suffer as a result, but I've always had good experience with sellers working to at the very least help with replacing the frags so that the buyer is not left empty handed.

At this point I've succumbed to the fact that I'm out $950, but the very least I can do is inform other buyers that some sellers are not always who they claim to be. Honest sellers will go over and beyond to make sure both parties are happy, but in my situation that is not the case.

David

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#mods please close

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, Ezeke1. I appreciate your kind words too.

@hybridazn, is it possible to completely delete this thread? I have no issue with AV99 and its not fair to him having this thread around since he’s gone over and beyond to make things right for me. Thank you.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hybridazn, is it possible to completely delete this thread? I have no issue with AV99 and its not fair to him having this thread around since he’s gone over and beyond to make things right for me. Thank you.

Sorry but per the site TOS we will not delete any feedback threads. I am very happy to see that everything worked out though!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but per the site TOS we will not delete any feedback threads. I am very happy to see that everything worked out though!
As George said we do not delete feedback. Please do not edit the original post to remove it. The title has been changed and you have stated in the thread that things have been resolved. Thanks for understanding.

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to let everyone who reads this feedback know, my reputation in this hobby means absolutely everything to me and I had absolutely no knowledge that Ezeke1 (David) lost any additional frags after he received the shipment. The only loss I was aware of was the Incubus, which was a freebie too. I feel awful about the shipment being delayed in transit by Fed Ex and issued David a full refund via paypal.

In hindsight, there is absolutely nothing I could possibly do to change what happened but David did attempt to rescind his feedback towards me as follows: " Your actions are honest and I believe the communication issue was not your fault so I rescind the things I said earlier. I will work out the rest of details with you privately but I want to assure the rest of us reefers that Tim is in fact a stand up guy....I have no issue with AV99 and its not fair to him having this thread around since he’s gone over and beyond to make things right for me."

Reopened thread as requested by @aquavista99

I requested the "Buyers Beware AV99 thread" to be reopened to explain my side in the event that David was not allowed to rescind or modify the negative feedback thread he created.

David ordered a frag pack from me in the Selling forum (livestock) and from the moment he contacted me, I was always prompt and thorough throughout the entire process. When David informed me Fed Ex delayed his shipment, I escalated the communication from private and text messages to personally calling David on the telephone about the delay. During the telephone conversation, I assured David that I packed the order well and included a 40 hour heat pack and that I would take care of him if the delay caused any loses.

When the frags finally arrived on Nov. 30th, after being in transit almost 40 hours, David contacted me via text message with an update. Only one frag was reported as DOA, the Incubus, which was a freebie. David stated "water in the bags were not too cold so your packaging was the saving grace."

I followed up with a final text message to David as follows: " Thank you very much for the update and glad everything worked out for you in the end for the most part, minus the Incubus" which I told David was replaceable too. And that freebie was a high end mini colony too, not just your average freebie.

I saved my text message records from this entire transaction and never received any follow up communication from David whatsoever after he acclimated the frags to his reef tank so I assumed all was well (emphasis added). Less than two days later, David posted negative feedback about me on my sale thread and in the seller/trader forum. And there were a few corals that survived the delayed shipment as well (BC's Purpy Pillie & another freebie frag). After I refunded David in full for the entire shipment, David sent me some money back for the frags that survived, which was not requested but appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back