• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyers Beware of member "reef fish"

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please beware of this seller. I purchased the geo reactor and regulator and it arrived with significant damage due to very poor packaging. Half the base was broken off and the reactor was leaking due to the damage. I contacted the seller with detailed pics and he was unwilling to refund my money plus the cost to ship the item back. Very poor experience and I would be careful purchasing anything from him.

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow Gondore really?. Well where do I start ?..
So, I was going on a trip for the holidays and Gondore took 3 days to give his address to ship the package at the very last moment. Unfortunately with the holiday rush sometimes the shipping company mistreats the packages. That being said the package got to Gondore's house broken, not in anyway my fault. Obviously there was insurance on the package as I do with all my shipments to cover these possible scenarios. I am not a aquatics store, so I told him to send the broken product back to me as this is standard procedure in order to file a claim with the shipping company and told him I would refund him his money all back this was not my fault or his fault but since I am the seller I took full responsibility for it. he then asked me for my phone number to text a picture of the broken item (big mistake) as this has now led to 40 texts a day. Anyway, then he starts telling me just take a $100 off and that he would fix it himself. I told him I could not refund him $100 but would do $50 if he wanted. he then responds telling me I am screwing him. He later agrees to the $50 refund and keeping the package but then starts asking me about the insurance again. I told him several times to send me back the product so I could send him back a full refund for what he had paid but he refused to cover the shipping costs to send it back to me. I can not refund you back the money and have you keep the reactor, media and regulator as well. This is just ridiculous. Once you send me my package i will reimburse you your money and file my claim with the shipping company for a product they are responsible for breaking. After all this flip flopping with fixing the product himself and having a partial refund and then changing his mind and asking for a full refund again I obviously grew a bit frustrated. He then decided to text me saying he was going to do a charge back and talk bad on the forum about me because I didn't want to agree to his terms. This would all be avoided if he would just have simply sent back the broken package so I can file my claim and refund him his money. I think this type of person should not be on here

Last edited by a moderator:

steiger33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Gondore really?. Well where do I start ?..
So, I was going on a trip for the holidays and Gondore took 3 days to give his address to ship the package at the very last moment. Unfortunately with the holiday rush sometimes the shipping company mistreats the packages. That being said the package got to Gondore's house broken, not in anyway my fault. Obviously there was insurance on the package as I do with all my shipments to cover these possible scenarios. I am not a aquatics store, so I told him to send the broken product back to me as this is standard procedure in order to file a claim with the shipping company and told him I would refund him his money all back this was not my fault or his fault but since I am the seller I took full responsibility for it. he then asked me for my phone number to text a picture of the broken item (big mistake) as this has now led to 40 texts a day. Anyway, then he starts telling me just take a $100 off and that he would fix it himself. I told him I could not refund him $100 but would do $50 if he wanted. he then responds telling me I am "f*** him". He later agrees to the $50 refund and keeping the package but then starts asking me about the insurance again. I told him several times to send me back the product so I could send him back a full refund for what he had paid but he refused to cover the shipping costs to send it back to me. I can not refund you back the money and have you keep the reactor, media and regulator as well. This is just ridiculous. Once you send me my package i will reimburse you your money and file my claim with the shipping company for a product they are responsible for breaking. After all this flip flopping with fixing the product himself and having a partial refund and then changing his mind and asking for a full refund again I obviously grew a bit frustrated. He then decided to text me saying he was going to do a charge back and talk bad on the forum about me because I didn't want to agree to his terms. This would all be avoided if he would just have simply sent back the broken package so I can file my claim and refund him his money. I think this type of person should not be on here

Reef fish how did he pay you? By PayPal or do you have a credit card machine to process the transaction? I work for a bank and can tell you that they can't do a charge back unless you accept credit cards.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef fish, I asked from the very beginning that you refund my money plus the cost to ship it back to you. You have refused to do this and want me to cover the cost to ship it back to you. If I need to I will post pictures of the package which was very poorly packaged and the main reason the item was damaged during shipping. As for the number of texts this was due to your total lack of communication as to what was going on with the transaction. I have sold all my dosing equipment and need to get something setup. If you would really like me to post our entire text conversation I can do so. Please do the right thing and refund my money plus the cost to ship it back to you so we can put this behind us. You can deal with USPS for insurance purposes.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef fish, you refuse to refund my money until I ship it back to you. I paid you the money before you shipped it to me, why would I ship it back to you and wait for a refund. As mentioned by one of the posts above, USPS insurance policy does NOT work like this. They do not want me to ship the item back to you. Please issue the refund so I can purchase another reactor before I have serious issues with my tank.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proof of Damage

Photos that clearly show the extent of damage will help with your case. For damaged claims, you’ll also need to provide an estimate of the repair costs from a reputable dealer.
If you received something damaged, please hang onto it until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office™ for inspection later. Please do not reship the package.

The information above is straight from the USPS site (https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm). I don't see how I am in the wrong here.

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef fish, you refuse to refund my money until I ship it back to you. I paid you the money before you shipped it to me, why would I ship it back to you and wait for a refund. As mentioned by one of the posts above, USPS insurance policy does NOT work like this. They do not want me to ship the item back to you. Please issue the refund so I can purchase another reactor before I have serious issues with my tank.
There is always PP protection if you can't fleet it resolved al long as you didn't use friends and family to pay

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortanetly I sent it friends and family to save the seller money. Appears that was a serious mistake at this point. Anyone who is considering purchasing anything from this inidividual and it happens to arrive damaged because of his very poor packaging you will not be seeing your money back!

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no sorry he given the 2 way 1 pay the paypal 3% if he didn't to pay that then can send as a gift

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no sorry he given the 2 way 1 pay the paypal 3% if he didn't to pay that then can send as a gift

As you can seen by the message above, this is the level of communication that was provided, leading to the multiple text messages trying to clarify what the seller was even saying. Just because this transaction was sent as Friends and Family does not mean that you should abuse it. I would seriously question why Reef2Reef is allowing someone to sell on this forum who even admits to this!

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filed claim with USPS since seller refuses to communicate with me. Hopefully they will refund my money.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update, it appears that not only is the reactor cylinder leaking but the eheim pump is also leaking and it wasn't damaged in shipping that I can tell. This would suggest to me that the seller sold the pump in the state without making it known. The seller has continued to not speak with me and has made zero effort to make this right. Please seriously consider buying anything from this seller!

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If USPS fails to cover the item I will be contacting a lawyer to see if I have any legal options to pursue against the seller.

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you used paypal, you have to ship the item back to seller and provide a tracking number. Good luck getting anything out of usps. They will say it was not packed properly and deny your claim. Been there done that, they even held onto the item so I was unable to send it back to seller and get paypal refund. Ship it back and eat the shipping, file paypal claim. Better than being out whole amount.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jduck, I paid for the package via PayPal but chose the friends and family option. My understanding is that PayPal will do nothing refund wise since I sent it this way. Is this incorrect?

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gondore, sorry then there is no way to file a paypal claim. One of the reasons it better to just pay the extra 3%.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly reef fish, i believe ebay's policies have it right and it should be the seller that covers cost of return shipping in the event items are broken during transit. its nobodies fault but it happens. i believe its the customers right to receive a product in the condition purchased. but who knows thats just my 2 cents. hope it goes better next time

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back