Buying an RODI need recommendations

Jurg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few of these to choose from. I see spectrapure / BRS / air water ice etc. is one better then the other. With the choloramine issue everyone is talking about I want to be sure I order one that eliminates them. I've only saw a few that do. Let me know if there's one you use or one you recommend.

Thanks

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine from a company on daytona called h2oscience. I have a bunch of bottles of the liquid to remove chloramines if you need.

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a notice from my water company that they were switching over to chloromines. I called AWI and they assured me the Typhoon III extreme would have no problem handling them. Great unit. Most brands work the same way but it is the quality of the filter cartridges that make the difference.

OP
OP
Jurg

Jurg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see a lot of good things about the typhoon 3. That's the one I've been kind of leaning towards.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see a lot of good things about the typhoon 3. That's the one I've been kind of leaning towards.

I have a Typhoon and had issues with choloramines, but its not their fault. Its not about the system, but about us paying attention to what is going on. These systems are made generically. They dont know where you live or what filters you need. You can get a system from anyone, but if you dont watch out for what is in your backyard it becomes mute. I now add media that helps keep choloramine down in my systems. I have a kit that cost less than $20 and make sure im good.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. And to my water changing tank.

Marvin I doubt its any miracle liquid. Anything that breaks down ammonia will rid choloramines (Amquel, etc..). It can get pricy, instrad of illiminating at the first stage, RO/DI.

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh is talking about the bottles like Seachem Prime, he was showing me last night at his house. He had a few different ones, IO bottle that removed chlorine, chloramines, po4, etc. Same bottles that FMAS gave out and we all tossed or gave to others like Josh... he hoards them. LOL.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 44 38.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back