Buying corals online

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I was curious to see how you all are receiving your online coral shipments. Are you home when the order is received? How long can corals or fish sit packed in the box? I want place some orders online but it seems like most places aren't doing Saturday delivery. I work during the week so I'm thinking about getting my shipments sent to my office. This would add an extra few hours to the shipping time. I was wondering if any of you are also doing this and if there have been any issues before I try it.

Let me know what you all think.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work during the day and have nobody else home. I just boxes shipped to a pickup locations near work and get it on my lunch break because it’s often sideways when they drop it off and this way I can upright the box and I just feel better having it. But any reputable place will pack the fish so they are fine until evening. Most places should add enough oxygen so they can survive a delay in shipping. I’ve never had issues not taking them out immediately. That is Ideal but at least for me not totally necessary. You do lose any hope of doa guarantees though. Even if I can I won’t do Saturday delivery. Delays add extra 2 days to the shipment. Delays during the week have much better chance of survival.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think many will do Saturday delivery. Shipping for Saturday delivery costs more, so your shipping charges will be higher (about $10-$25 more).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back