Buying equipment on reef2reef

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the safest way to buy equipment from a seller on here that has to be shipped, is it safe that you’ll receive your item after a payment to a person? And in what payment method. Or I’m I taking a risk? Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the safest way to buy equipment from a seller on here that has to be shipped, is it safe that you’ll receive your item after a payment to a person? And in what payment method. Or I’m I taking a risk? Thanks
As someone who has sold and purchased many items on here I can say it's a great experience if done right. Always, always, ALWAYS, send your payment via PayPal goods and services. This protects you in the unfortunate event of a scam or missing item. PayPal will reimburse you. If you do friends and family(which is not allowed) you're not protected and your out the money and item. Zelle, cashapp, Google pay ect are also a bad idea as they don't offer buyer protection. But its a great way to get equipment and live goods at a good price

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has sold and purchased many items on here I can say it's a great experience if done right. Always, always, ALWAYS, send your payment via PayPal goods and services. This protects you in the unfortunate event of a scam or missing item. PayPal will reimburse you. If you do friends and family(which is not allowed) you're not protected and your out the money and item. Zelle, cashapp, Google pay ect are also a bad idea as they don't offer buyer protection. But its a great way to get equipment and live goods at a good price
Thanks! Needed this so PayPal it is And what’s OTS?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also add I always try to ensure they are an active member. If they been here just a month and have the bare minimum posts to be allowed to post a sale thread I would stay away. As always if it's just a deal too good to be true then there is a good chance it is...

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also add I always try to ensure they are an active member. If they been here just a month and have the bare minimum posts to be allowed to post a sale thread I would stay away. As always if it's just a deal too good to be true then there is a good chance it is...
I’ve checked their history, Looks like they’ve been here since 2020 and asking about tank buying and buildup And general plumbing questions

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back