Buying Fish from LiveAquaria

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with the Blue Spot Jawfish is that it is found at greater depth and in colder waters. Not uncommon for these fish to be in their own species tank due to 72 to 76 Fahrenheit water. Similar to the Catalina goby. Some people keep them successfully in reefs and even in pairs. However, it wouldn't be something I'd try unless my water was in that range.

I think it is also because they are a shy "anxious fish". Fish who have a more shy nature do not seem to ship well.

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m encouraged to read these positive posts. I’ve ordered coral, inverts, fresh water and salt water fish form LA. I’ve had more failure than success with their stock. Perhaps it’s my fault then. I do find their prices are high compared to my LFS but maybe I’m just spoiled by my local shop.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I’m not confident ordering online even if the retailer ships from the same city or an adjacent city. I’d rather stick exclusively to livestock that I can see for myself by physically going to an LFS.

There’s a guy on YouTube who ordered 6 Pyramid Butterflies. 4 from LA, 2 from Blue Zoo. 5/6 died from flukes and infections and only one from LA ended up making to the DT. The Six-Line Wrasse and I think a Royal Gramma he got along with the butterflies also died.

Maybe it was just a bad batch but that has made me even more weary of ordering online.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what’s going on with my recent order. I placed it Saturday, and it said it would go out Tuesday night. Tuesday night I get an email saying it’s delayed. I expected an email tonight with tracking, but I got nothing. Now I’m just left wondering what’s going on, and when this order is coming...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently (7/5) purchased 4 leopard wrasses from @LiveAquaria and was wondering what everyone's experience has been with them..

I've heard that they drop ship the non-Diver's Den fish from wholesalers at a lower salinity. However, aside from that, they are a question mark to me as a first time buyer. Seems reviews on here are a little mixed. Mostly just looking for people's experience but if anyone knows the answers to the below questions, it would be really helpful.

Does anyone know what the shipping schedule is like with COVID? I sent a message to their customer service and haven't heard anything. The site said that they were sending them tomorrow but I've never seen a tracking email. Are they really delayed with their order fulfillment?

Does anyone know how long fish remain with their wholesalers before being put on the site? What do they feed them in the interim?
now thats where all the leopard wrasses went i was gonna order one on sunday but all sold out

OP
OP
Rrwilson1223

Rrwilson1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, on to attempt number two with LA. This time, I went with fairy/flasher wrasses. 1 McCoskers, 1 RedHead Salon and 1 African Exquisit. All 3 arrived on time and appear to be healthy. Placed them in 50% copper (Copper Power) at low salinity. Slowly raised copper over the course of the day. All 3 were active and eating frozen.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry yours passed OP. I have an ornate leopard wrasse(considered the hardest of the leopards to ship) which took 3 tries just to get alive and the one that made it, just barely did so and i needed to do a fair amount to keep it alive. As someone else said, don't get discouraged, just try one again another time possibly from a different vendor. A lot of LFS wont carry leopards do to their diet.
Also someone told me this, i forgot what it was called(i think cyanide) but sometimes divers use this white stuff to lure/catch the fish which ends up killing the fish sometimes. I had a picture of one of my dead ornate leopards with this sadly and the place that sold me this sad they wouldnt use that supplier anymore, but who knows.

The dead one with the white ball. The yellow was it's insides over the white ball :( Beautiful fish.
dead fish with white thing.jpg

This is the one I have now. A female, thats paired with my male Dusky wrasse. Gives me the stink eye lol. Not the best picture but a beautiful fish too. Here is my thread on it. Survived a lot.
My ornate leopard wrasse thread
ornate leopard wrasse.png

ornate leopard wrasse 2.png
ornate leopard wrasse.png

OP
OP
Rrwilson1223

Rrwilson1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not related to buying fish. But I went ahead and bought a Red Sea DIY cover kit for my 750 through Live Aquaria.

The package arrived in a large tube and one end was not closed up. The kit was missing all of the smaller brackets and connectors. Had to write yet another note to @LiveAquaria customer service.

The 3 wrasses are doing ok in copper. Eating the frozen mysis that I've been providing them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back