Buying fish online question

PBMann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my area there is not a lot of options for fish, Petco and two small independent LFS with small inventories, so I am looking at buying online. Do on line LFS allow you to pick the day you want/need the fish delivered, I work long hours and can't take time off from work so I would like to be able to schedule the day the fish would be delivered?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my area there is not a lot of options for fish, Petco and two small independent LFS with small inventories, so I am looking at buying online. Do on line LFS allow you to pick the day you want/need the fish delivered, I work long hours and can't take time off from work so I would like to be able to schedule the day the fish would be delivered?
they want your transactions to be a success and communication with them through the order will assure they are shipped on time

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - if you shop on Liveaquaria they coordinate a day that works best.

I’ve ordered from them a few times and never had any issues.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try @NYaquatics they are much closer than Live Aquaria and lately Live Aquaria shipping has been horrible. I use to buy a lot from them but not now unless I go Divers Den so I know its shiping from WI. I have made a few purchases fro NYAquatics and they were all good.

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try @NYaquatics they are much closer than Live Aquaria and lately Live Aquaria shipping has been horrible. I use to buy a lot from them but not now unless I go Divers Den so I know its shiping from WI. I have made a few purchases fro NYAquatics and they were all good.
Good to know about Liveaquria - I’m in chicago so typically tried to do Divers Den also since it’s Wisconsin.

I think all their aquacultured stuff also comes from Wisconsin too

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know about Liveaquria - I’m in chicago so typically tried to do Divers Den also since it’s Wisconsin.

I think all their aquacultured stuff also comes from Wisconsin too
I believe your correct. The problems I have had are general fish orders that are shipped from the west coast. They have started using these really thin Insulated bags that don't insulate well. They don't even do a good job of sealing them up and maybe 1 heat pack. I ordered 2 times the first shipment came in and water was below 70deg. all fish died. So the only way to get my money was to try again and similar result but I did have 1 surviving fish out of 6 that I ordered. So for my last Order I picked something from Divers Den and it came in great.
This all happened in Feb - March

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back