Buying fish online?

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, we go to our favorite lfs to buy fish.....But if we were to buy online, other than LiveAquaria, what are some good places to browse and buy? What are your experiences? Did your stock come in a timely manner, and in good health? We haven't bought online before, and the selection at the lfs are kinda thin right now. Looking to expand our selections.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, we go to our favorite lfs to buy fish.....But if we were to buy online, other than LiveAquaria, what are some good places to browse and buy? What are your experiences? Did your stock come in a timely manner, and in good health? We haven't bought online before, and the selection at the lfs are kinda thin right now. Looking to expand our selections.
I am a huge advocate for supporting your LFS and usually they can order in whatever you are looking for exactly..

If I do resort to online then my usual go to for checking it out is Live Aquaria I am sure some others on here have had some good sites to check out so I will let others chime in!

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I were to guess or go out on a limb, I’m betting everyone experiences something a little different each time (distance from place ordered, weather, fish in general)

I’m a “go to the LFS kind of guy” personally.
Best of luck and hope you find what you want!

OP
OP
Here we go again..

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to guess or go out on a limb, I’m betting everyone experiences something a little different each time (distance from place ordered, weather, fish in general)

I’m a “go to the LFS kind of guy” personally.
Best of luck and hope you find what you want!

Yes, we love our lfs. And we like to go and spend lots of time there. The owners are great and we love supporting them. We have two that are close to us, but we arent too fond of them. Our favorites are about an hour and a half away.

Speaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from TSMaquatics, live aquaria (divers den and reg), and Dr. Reefs qt fish. Out of the three TSMaquatics came in the best packaging. All of them arrived on time. The fish from TSM aquatics and Dr. Reef looked great and colored up very quickly and were eating right away. If you choose liveaquaria be prepared to qt your fish. Over half the fish I have ordered from them arrived sick. Naso from dr. Reef. Wrasses from tsm and other tangs from liveaquaria. Also took over 3months to get my order from dr. Reef.
20210408_170007_1.gif

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought from live aquaria before , everything arrived healthy, on time, nicely packed no complaints (bought goldfish , starfish, snails , and royal gramma)

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first fish online, Saltwaterfish.com, the fish were healthy although FedEx was a day late delivering them (not their fault) and their communication was constant throughout the delay.
One fish was seriously stressed but pulled through like a champ.

I usually go to my LFS but they are a small store and shipment of fish is not regular.

My 2 cents.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard about https://www.marinecollectors.com/ although their selection seems very limited (multiples of SOLD OUT items). It’s neat that they actually quarantine all their fish prior to delivery. Again, good luck and hope you find what you’re ISO.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge advocate for supporting your LFS and usually they can order in whatever you are looking for exactly..

If I do resort to online then my usual go to for checking it out is Live Aquaria I am sure some others on here have had some good sites to check out so I will let others chime in!
I had personal success with Cultivated Reef. Their selection is small because they don't stock, but what they do stock is great quality. I got clownfish and other live stock from LiveAquaria and it was extremely hit or miss (mostly misses). Everything I got from Cultivated Reef are doing well. The clownfish I got from them were very healthy even in the bag, and were very active very quickly.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from TSMaquatics, live aquaria (divers den and reg), and Dr. Reefs qt fish. Out of the three TSMaquatics came in the best packaging. All of them arrived on time. The fish from TSM aquatics and Dr. Reef looked great and colored up very quickly and were eating right away. If you choose liveaquaria be prepared to qt your fish. Over half the fish I have ordered from them arrived sick. Naso from dr. Reef. Wrasses from tsm and other tangs from liveaquaria. Also took over 3months to get my order from dr. Reef.
20210408_170007_1.gif
I have to second TSM Aquatics. I have placed 3 orders from them and I have no complaints. Beautiful healthy fish that eat like pigs and I really don’t have to worry about any health issues. I ordered my clowns from Live Aquaria DD several years ago and they are still going strong too!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back