C&D rainbow firestorm finally coloring back up.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEWreefing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEWreefing

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
928
Reaction score
904
Location
Rialto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to look good again so I trimmed it some more. Yellow still needs to fill in some more.

20191208_201426.jpg
 
How were able to help it recolor up. I have a couple of acros needing some help
 
Nitrates were 25 and phosphate were .60-.80

At what point would you estimate the corals lost their color? How soon after lowering nutrients did they regain color?

I ask because I too had my corals go brown and a few stn all the way. My nitrates were 8ppm and my phosphate was 0.22ppm.

I brought my levels down to “0” on both and the corals that survived are starting to show some green shimmer again in their dark brown bodies.

I am actually dosing some Tropic Marin Plus NP for nutrients. My tests are near zero but I know they are present since I’m dosing daily.
 
It took about 2 weeks to color them up. Mine never browned out just lost the color pop. I just recently changed light so I'm sure that helped as well. I try to keep phosphates around .15 or less nitrates 5 to 10ppm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new