c02 scrubber and nano skimmer

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting a co2 scrubber hooked up to a nano skimmer to get from 8 to 8.3 with it recirculating. I am thinking of a nano skimmer as my sump skimmer compartment is used for a big refugium and I only want to skimmer for the scrubber and not to actually skim the water effectively so it doesn't need to be rated for my 75 gallon tank (minus sump). Do you all think that a nano skimer would be able to accomplish this? By nano I mean ones that are small for 10-30 gallon tanks. I have no experience with co2 scrubbers other than videos on them.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about getting a co2 scrubber hooked up to a nano skimmer to get from 8 to 8.3 with it recirculating. I am thinking of a nano skimmer as my sump skimmer compartment is used for a big refugium and I only want to skimmer for the scrubber and not to actually skim the water effectively so it doesn't need to be rated for my 75 gallon tank (minus sump). Do you all think that a nano skimer would be able to accomplish this? By nano I mean ones that are small for 10-30 gallon tanks. I have no experience with co2 scrubbers other than videos on them.

The effectiveness of a scrubber and skimmer depends on its aeration capability relative to high CO2 air aeration (like the tank top).

Will it help and how much? Hard to say without trying.

OP
OP
Spare time

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The effectiveness of a scrubber and skimmer depends on its aeration capability relative to high CO2 air aeration (like the tank top).

Will it help and how much? Hard to say without trying.

So essentially larger skimmer pump will increase the ability to remove co2 with the scrubber setup?

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So essentially larger skimmer pump will increase the ability to remove co2 with the scrubber setup?

It's hard to give generalities, but more air flow into a skimmer will likely result in better aeration.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back