Cabinet/Organization for the Apex

medicmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out a small cabinet next to the tank for mounting all Apex related hardware. Show or tell me what you got? Would like to not have to break the bank on some custom cabinet makers piece, as nice as that would be!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my setup looks like, when this picture was takin I was in the process on building it. I just purchase a nice small cabinet from Target.

20181208_191447.jpg

20181208_190827.jpg

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Lowe’s and bought a $89 kitchen cabinet, two sheets of “skin” for the sides and a nice piece of wood for the top. Stained it and put a false wall in. This is what I got...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ha! I just realized that some of the controllers fell of their Velcro!

OP
OP
medicmonk

medicmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my setup looks like, when this picture was takin I was in the process on building it. I just purchase a nice small cabinet from Target.

20181208_191447.jpg

20181208_190827.jpg

Both those setups were about what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out the false wall part. Hinges or just stuck in or what?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out a small cabinet next to the tank for mounting all Apex related hardware. Show or tell me what you got? Would like to not have to break the bank on some custom cabinet makers piece, as nice as that would be!
I don’t have my pictures up any more I would have to redownload them but I had the back of the cabinet face the side of the tank.
With a pass thrown into the side of the tankstand. There is a shelf inside the cabinet that hold the apex component that swings out and behind that is all the wiring. The front of the cabinet is a glass door. On the right side of the cabinet I also have two holes one on top and one on the bottom for wiring such as my lights that go directly behind the stand and/ or on the bottom power supply wiring

Hope you can visualize all that

OP
OP
medicmonk

medicmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have my pictures up any more I would have to redownload them but I had the back of the cabinet face the side of the tank.
With a pass thrown into the side of the tankstand. There is a shelf inside the cabinet that hold the apex component that swings out and behind that is all the wiring. The front of the cabinet is a glass door. On the right side of the cabinet I also have two holes one on top and one on the bottom for wiring such as my lights that go directly behind the stand and/ or on the bottom power supply wiring

Yea that’s a sweet idea. I’m sure it keeps all the wiring super hidden and clean which is awesome!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The back wall on the cabinet wasn't that thick, so I screwed a 1/4 in piece of plywood to the back, thus giving me some more wood on the back wall and then I ziptied all the wiring that ran thru the back and screwed it to the back wall, now you can barely see any wiring at all and its clean looking. As far as the tank wiring goes, the cabinet is close enough that I ran the wiring thru the back on my stand and you can't see it, I position the cabinet right next to the stand.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol I have pics of yours. It’s one of the best I’ve used for inspiration. Do I have permission to post? Lol

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both those setups were about what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out the false wall part. Hinges or just stuck in or what?
We installed the little cabinet door magnets to the top and bottom. I push the wall in and it clicks into place.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BestMomEver the questions were for your too.
Hinges, all cables are Velcro together so you can loosen/ tighten if needed. There is enough room behind the false wall for all cables, here picture with door open and closed
I’m moving things around and adding fans because of summer so cables are out in front right now

229E077B-EFBE-4BED-9A18-8E97DA62A4C9.jpeg

EA8F5238-E9AC-4209-80E4-7046B9EFDFF4.jpeg

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back