OP
OP
xjiang7

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Are you sure it's coming from the tube and not the pvc pipe between the drilled hole? I did not have this problem. However, I did have leakage as a result of the pipes not being tightly turned.
So, is the water coming out when the return pump is on or is coming out once the overflow is filled? One thing I did was connect the plastic pipe first before I screwed the pvc to the connecting pipe.

Thanks for the note! I inspected closely the water did comes between the soft tube connection with PVC. I even changed to a stiffer flex tube but it still came, only slower, and I cannot tight more on the clamp.
I'm thinking to find a spigot X barb fitting but not sure the size will match

OP
OP
xjiang7

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
xjiang7

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clamps will work. Just get some that will not erode if you can.

Thanks! I'll shoot for that! I have the plastic one but my pliers aren't large enough. I can only clamp it hand tight and that did not stop the leakage

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did the instruction tell you to install the center beam?

I had a CADLight 42G. It comes with center beam, but the instruction doesn't mention it at all. I email their customer service about it, they said the found it's not necessary after they finalized with manufacturing. So I didn't install it. It has been 1+ year, works fine without it.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'll shoot for that! I have the plastic one but my pliers aren't large enough. I can only clamp it hand tight and that did not stop the leakage
You should be able to reach the plastic clamp with some pliers. Have you tried that?

OP
OP
xjiang7

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did the instruction tell you to install the center beam?

I had a CADLight 42G. It comes with center beam, but the instruction doesn't mention it at all. I email their customer service about it, they said the found it's not necessary after they finalized with manufacturing. So I didn't install it. It has been 1+ year, works fine without it.

It did. I also emailed customer service. They told me it's normal that is shorter so that you are able to slide it into the stand... I end up shimming it with Acrylic chip

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back