OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really focus on water quality. Installed 2 UV sterilizers. I wanted both top market brands to see which one works better. I have a new Poseidon 200 ozone and auto air dryer coming next week from BRS and I can't wait to play with my new toys!

- 57 watt aqua violet UV
IMG_2862 copy.jpg

- 80 watt Pentair HO UV sterilizer
IMG_2865 copy.jpg

Water is crystal clear!
IMG_2868 copy 2.jpg

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The equipment I installed focused on highest water purification.

1) I run 2 oversized UV sterilizers on my 265 gallon. Pentair HO 80 watt and aqua ultraviolet 57 watt running at 1 x volume turnover per hour.

tempImageUnQw9a.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 8.46.04 PM.png

2) I run 24/7 ozone. Ozotech Poseidon 200 with auto air dryer. I thought the UV sterilizers were awesome until I started ozone. It makes the water crystal clear ...another level clear. It runs to a designated royal exclusive bubble king skimmer

tempImage0nQ56D.jpg
tempImageed1jlS.jpg
tempImageqqUSKm.jpg

3) Installed 20" 0.5 micron sediment filter through my main return pump for additional water clarity and a dedicated RS skimmer.

tempImagekvxbfi.jpg

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to let community know about my success with an acclimation box. In the past, my True Personifier Angelfish had always been the bully of the tank so I decided to use this tool for approx. a week before adding him to my new cade system. I couldn't be more happy with the results!

I added him during pitch black night, come early am they were swimming together with zero aggression towards one another. I will only use acclimation box moving forward. GAME CHANGING.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added Biota 2 yellow tangs, 2 Aptasia eating filefish, and 2 mandarin pairs.

Ordered 2 bubble tips anemones from Dr. Reef pre quarantined inverts. I have 2 True Percula Clownfish finishing up in QT.

Here is a video I took a couple hours ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new addition which I purchase fully QT'd Earl's Wrasse Male from Adam with Ocean Devotion LA.

I acclimated him last night which was a very simple process, I just floated for 25 minutes and dropped him into my aquarium.

Next morning I woke up to him eating like a monster and actively swimming with his new tank mates. This is my first wrasse and couldn't be happier with the quality and coloration, I've always been such a huge angelfish fan but wrasses have such great personalities ...not sure why it could me so long to get on the wrasse train.

I highly recommend Adam. Great customer service and communication. He really cares about the animals and providing a superior service for people in the hobby.

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking amazing!
Considering Cade 1800 S2 and was wondering if it has armored seams by any chance?
1800S2 owner here.

No, there are no 'armored' seams on this tank. I was worried about that same thing also, but researching told me that there have been no reported failures of unbraced/rimless tanks. I can tell you that the silicone work on the CADE is awesome, and I very much liked the clear rather than black.

Just be forwarned that moving these beasts is quite the effort. The stand weighs 375lbs the tank itself is 500lbs, so I hope you have a bunch of burly guys to help. I recommend copious amounts of alcoholic beverages to facilitate. ;-)

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1800S2 owner here.

No, there are no 'armored' seams on this tank. I was worried about that same thing also, but researching told me that there have been no reported failures of unbraced/rimless tanks. I can tell you that the silicone work on the CADE is awesome, and I very much liked the clear rather than black.

Just be forwarned that moving these beasts is quite the effort. The stand weighs 375lbs the tank itself is 500lbs, so I hope you have a bunch of burly guys to help. I recommend copious amounts of alcoholic beverages to facilitate. ;-)

Yeah super well build tank aquarium!

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added my Super Black True Percula Clown pair. Love them, they are soooooooo adorable. HAPPY SUNDAY :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress at the 5 month mark. Coraline algae is growing over the surface of the rock.
Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.34.26 PM.png

tank 1.jpg

Last edited:

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice aquarium you have there. I have the same, delivered in Nov and wet by Dec 2021. I love the aquarium but mine was poorly assembled and when I write about it, my comments are turned off. Maybe it is time to do a new build thread here on R2R. I was wondering if you are using a chiller by chance and had any pictures of the setup? I am in Oceanside and temps hit 80 yesterday so I'm getting concerned it's too warm.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice aquarium you have there. I have the same, delivered in Nov and wet by Dec 2021. I love the aquarium but mine was poorly assembled and when I write about it, my comments are turned off. Maybe it is time to do a new build thread here on R2R. I was wondering if you are using a chiller by chance and had any pictures of the setup? I am in Oceanside and temps hit 80 yesterday so I'm getting concerned it's too warm.
Hey there. I run 2 oversized UV sterilizers apron 130watts of UV so it heats up the water. I have a taco chiller that I am installing next week. My tank runs between 80-81 right now. I have to keep my AC at 72 degree 24/7 to prevent it form exceeding 81 degrees.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back