Cade return hose fix

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have been struggling with the Cade return hose not fitting their pumps, here’s a quick fix I did and it’s been running fine for over a year now. I have a vectors s2 return pump with a 3/4” output fitting and the hose didn’t fit, so I Just cut one end off the return hose that comes with the tank and it slots straight onto the fitting. Then hose clamp it on and job done. No adapters needed and it takes 2 seconds. Your welcome
IMG_7303.jpeg IMG_7306.jpeg

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want to replace that metal clamp with a plastic one ASAP. It will rust in short order and that will be very bad for your tank. You're also welcome. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yeah that was for demonstration purposes as I
I’m currently setting up my new tank so just used the clamp that came with it.
I have plastic clamps in my garage somewhere I’ll be using.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting solution, thanks for posting. It seems you’ve pulled this off with a metal clamp, but when I tried with several size plastic clamps I simply couldnt get a secure enough fit to feel comfortable with it long-term.

After trying many jerry rigged solutions I threw my hands up and bought a Sicce Syncra SDC 6.0. Definitley noisier but has a screw on barb right in the box. Done.

As a ‘premium’ brand, it blows my mind that Ecotech can’t include a screw on multi size barb (i.e. 3/4-1.5”) with a Vectra, or at least let you buy one.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting solution, thanks for posting. It seems you’ve pulled this off with a metal clamp, but when I tried with several size plastic clamps I simply couldnt get a secure enough fit to feel comfortable with it long-term.

After trying many jerry rigged solutions I threw my hands up and bought a Sicce Syncra SDC 6.0. Definitley noisier but has a screw on barb right in the box. Done.

As a ‘premium’ brand, it blows my mind that Ecotech can’t include a screw on multi size barb (i.e. 3/4-1.5”) with a Vectra, or at least let you buy one.
I've used stainless marine clamps in my 600 for nearly a year with no rust or issues at all. I also have some plasic clamps around somewhere that I could use but I don't see the need tbh. The vectra M2 has a 1" output so maybe that could've been an option to buy.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back