Cadlights Artisan 40g Build

Teeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself and show off my current tank. This is my 5th tank so far and by far the one I'm most pleased with. It's been running for about 5 months.

Current FTS:

_DSC0048.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

I wanted to get a smaller higher tech tank and when I ran across the Cadlights Artisan, it was a great deal and perfect for what I'm looking for. I actually started this back in October 2010, but have had few setback including having to order a second tank and sump due to some carlessness on my part. Water went in last week and everything is looking good so far.
Equipment:
Tank - Starfire, Rimless 36" x 16" x 16"
Sump - Cadlights 17g Rimless
Skimmer - Bubble Magus NAC3+
Reactor - TLF 150 and BRS Biopellets
Reactor - TLF KW100 Kalkwasser
ATO Pump - Eheim Compact 1000
Return Pump- Eheim 1262
Plumbing - Hard plumbed with SCH80, Manifold to feed reactor
Flow - Vortech MP10ES
Lighting - Sunbrite Slimline
Controller - RKL L3
Sand - Caribsea Seaflor
Now to the pics.
They do a great job with the tanks. The seams line up perfectly, edges are smooth. It's definitely low iron glass, much clearer than the back panel/sump, but has more of tint to it than my AGE which uses true Starphire.
_DSC0206.jpg

The sump is perfect for what I'm wanting to do. From left to right, the first section of the sump will house the heater, water pump inlet and float switches/probes. Second chamber will be used for frags. The top chamber on the right will house the overflow and BP reactor. Bottom chamber will house the skimmer.
_DSC0213.jpg

I was too pleased with the plumbing that was supplied, so it will be replaced with these.
_DSC0250.jpg

Sump Layout:
_DSC0170.jpg

Plumbing to Tank:
_DSC0164.jpg

Sump inlet:
This is SO quiet and controls salt creep well, plus it was about all I could fit next to the reactor. Big thanks to www.wetacrylic.com[/URL] for building it.
_DSC0171.jpg

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to ask.

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great! I like how the sump is set up,the frags look awesome too

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys like yours. My cad 50 gal 24x24x24 has been one of the worst investments I have ever made. Build quality is so bad I worry about the integrity of the tank often.

OP
OP
T

Teeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you guys like yours. My cad 50 gal 24x24x24 has been one of the worst investments I have ever made. Build quality is so bad I worry about the integrity of the tank often.

Wow...I had issues with the stand and plumbing, but the tank itself was great. Sorry to hear, I know their CS can be spotty as well.

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here the tank was pretty good, the shipping time was not really good nor was the stand . Like the 40g here though. Nice job.

OP
OP
T

Teeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, got a new sump light!

_DSC0171-1.jpg

This is supposed to be a pic of a nano sol.

I don't know why some of my pics don't work on this forum. I posted on NR and my local club and both pics are hosting fine. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Took some PAR readings off the Slimlines. They're not quite putting out what I thought they would be.

_DSC0168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason you have to use the "Go Advanced" tab and then click "Preview Post" and then the pic's will show up.

OP
OP
T

Teeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may have been my fault, I went back in, went to advanced and then preview changes and it was gone again.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back