Cadlights TIA 1220 skimmer pump question

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarellN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DarellN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of questions regarding this particular skimmer.

1. Is anyone else is still running this skimmer?

2. Has anyone tried replacing the OEM pump TIA model SP102-1600 with another brand pump?

After 8 solid years of running this skimmer with zero skimmer equiptment issues, (ie still using all original parts) the original TIA brand pump has started leaking stray voltage into my tank and I am trying to find a suitable replacement pump.

I have had little success in finding information online about this pump.

Currently waiting for a responce from Cadlights on availability of any replacement parts

Any input would be appreciated.
 
Tends to be to difficult to mod skimmers to fit other pumps. And the performance isn’t always what you are looking for. Best to buy replacement pump or new skimmer
 
Tends to be to difficult to mod skimmers to fit other pumps. And the performance isn’t always what you are looking for. Best to buy replacement pump or new skimmer

Thank you for you input. Much appreciated!
 
I have a couple of questions regarding this particular skimmer.

1. Is anyone else is still running this skimmer?

2. Has anyone tried replacing the OEM pump TIA model SP102-1600 with another brand pump?

After 8 solid years of running this skimmer with zero skimmer equiptment issues, (ie still using all original parts) the original TIA brand pump has started leaking stray voltage into my tank and I am trying to find a suitable replacement pump.

I have had little success in finding information online about this pump.

Currently waiting for a responce from Cadlights on availability of any replacement parts

Any input would be appreciated.
Did you ever find anything my ceramic shaft just broke I emailed cad light but I doubt I’ll get a response
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new