Calaium Question

trouble93

and it never ends
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a new tank this past weekend...It's not realy a new tank I used lr from tanks I already have up and run. I have mostly soft corals and a few leather in it. Today I added two candy canes, most of the rock has coralline on it but there are few that don't. If I add something like purple tech or purple up will it push my calcium lvl. to high. Rightnow my calaium is at 440 mag. 1250 ph. is at 8.4 nitrates are about 20ppm(large bio load). Thanks for your help.

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep you Calcium and Alk in the proper range you will have no trouble growing coralline. Purple Tech and Purple Up are a waste of money and are only good for the LFS bottom line. If you keep your levels up all your rock should be pretty much covered within a month.

OP
OP
T

trouble93

and it never ends
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep you Calcium and Alk in the proper range you will have no trouble growing coralline. Purple Tech and Purple Up are a waste of money and are only good for the LFS bottom line. If you keep your levels up all your rock should be pretty much covered within a month.
I have to say I was one of those who help feed the bottom line. I have both of them I never used them but, I have them just something else I got when I didn't know any better. I Should just take them back I have only had them for about 9 months. Thanks for your help.

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll happen before you know it. Then you'll be scraping it off of your glass and powerheads. Be patient!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back