calcium dosing

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used 2-part, Kent Marine's Liquid Calcium, TechMArine Part A & B. Now I use whatever I have on hand to tweak it as I run a calcium reactor now!

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 2-part and then moved to a reactor.

If you use 2-part, just be careful that you dose the two components spaced about an hour (or so) apart. I didn't when I was dosing and it caused large portions of my substrate to solidify.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with 2-part then moved to a geo calcium reactor. I also dose kalk at night but that's more to keep the ph up.

"If you use 2-part, just be careful that you dose the two components spaced about an hour (or so) apart. I didn't when I was dosing and it caused large portions of my substrate to solidify."

You shouldn't be having that issue if you have enough flow in the tank. I dosed 2 part for over a year and always dosed one right after the other. I dosed right in front of the power head.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two part is easy and cheap. I use a reactor now due to system size and once you have it tweaked it doesn't get much easier. All depends on what you're keeping and calcium demand...

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your Ca at? How many gallons of water is in your system (not the tank size but an estimate of how many acutal gallons in our system)

Put those 2 #'s in this calculator, then you need to pick a supplement, and the calculator will tell you how much and how to dose it. easy peasy

Reef Chemistry Calculator

OP
OP
heliguy71

heliguy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my calcium level is at 340.i have but using intant ocean turbo booster for a month and its not going up at all.

Last edited:

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gallons in your system?

Use the calculator, it tells you the max ppm/day thats safe to raise, depending on what your using to raise the Ca.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back