Calcium is too high. Please advise.

DrewBrees713

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
706
Reaction score
250
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testes my CA earlier with a Red Sea kit that showed 550ppm. Alk is 8.o dhk(145 ppm)
What are the effects of high CA beside more mineral deposit on your equipments?
 
Btw I'm dosing BS to try to bring alk a bit. 8 is a tad low for me.

Forgot to mentioned the reason why my CA is that high is because I overdosed ReefBuilder CA.
 
Last edited:
Quit dosing and it will come down on its own.
 
Alrighty, I'll give it a few days to see how much Ca drops and dose alk accordingly. Thanks!
 
Stope dosing cal and alk cause the cal being high is compressing the alk down right now so as cal come down the alk might go up just watch the alk it might stay at 8 dkh as the calcium come down. With 8 dkh alk cal should be around 440 to be balanced right. U should check our mag and see what is it at
 
Do a few water changes in a row using Instant Ocean. That'll bring it down, as IO does not mix out high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new