Calcium Levels raising and dont know why...

GTreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently i noticed my Calcium levels increasing. Am not dosing anything. just normal water changes weekly. ALK has been normal. Cal was always around 420 ish...
now its reaching almost 460-480. can anyone tell me what could be causing it. Thanks!

Galaxy reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does not seem to be out of the ordinary for a range. How often are you testing? What are your other parameters?
How new is the tank?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New salt mix bucket?

OP
OP
G

GTreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does not seem to be out of the ordinary for a range. How often are you testing? What are your other parameters?
How new is the tank?
I have a Apex Trident so Ca and MG gets tested twice daily ALK 4 times.
1575657507630.png

Levels jumped up to 535 from a normal 420 last weekend thought something was off so calibrated the Trident and things came down to high 4's but still creeping up over the week. tank is about 10 months old and has always been stable.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reagent is getting low, it’s not getting the proper amount of reagent in the pickup tube. This situation causes the test results to be high. Change your reagent B per instructions and they should go back to normal.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new reagents Apex is using do this. I just got the new reagents and nothing is stable. I followed their exact instructions and my Trident now says my alk bounces between 7.5 and 13dkh. Its a useless paperweight now.

OP
OP
G

GTreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reagent is getting low, it’s not getting the proper amount of reagent in the pickup tube. This situation causes the test results to be high. Change your reagent B per instructions and they should go back to normal.
[/QUOTE
I changed both CA & MG then did the calibration.

OP
OP
G

GTreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new reagents Apex is using do this. I just got the new reagents and nothing is stable. I followed their exact instructions and my Trident now says my alk bounces between 7.5 and 13dkh. Its a useless paperweight now.
did you reach out to Neptune about this? maybe this is why am having issues

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH Ok, the level is continuing to creep up even after changing the reagent without the addition of any supplements? Go to Netunesystems.com and under the support tab use the contact support option. They've been great whenever I had a big issue or just had a simple question. Keep the thread updated with their response too.

OP
OP
G

GTreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH Ok, the level is continuing to creep up even after changing the reagent without the addition of any supplements? Go to Netunesystems.com and under the support tab use the contact support option. They've been great whenever I had a big issue or just had a simple question. Keep the thread updated with their response too.
Thanks... I plan on reaching out to them tonight.

Back