Calcium question

  • Thread starter Thread starter derekjc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

derekjc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium question:

My Hanna checker is claiming my calcium is at 586. I just did a 30% water change yesterday.



I grabbed my API calcium test kit to confirm the high calcium and I’m getting a result of 380.



So not even close to the same. All other parameters seem fine. Gonioporas didn’t extend today though so I was nervous. Any help?!
 
One of both kits is obviously wrong, and the Hanna calcium causes lots of folks issues. I do not recommend it.

What does your salt mix read as?
 
Calcium question:

My Hanna checker is claiming my calcium is at 586. I just did a 30% water change yesterday.



I grabbed my API calcium test kit to confirm the high calcium and I’m getting a result of 380.



So not even close to the same. All other parameters seem fine. Gonioporas didn’t extend today though so I was nervous. Any help?!
I would grab a salifert test kit and test with that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new