Calcium Reactor media question

  • Thread starter Thread starter billwill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

billwill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
401
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed from TLF Reborn to KZ Aragonite calcium reactor media. I’ve been perplexed at how high the ph of this media was (9.9) when first filled with water and how long it’s taken to get down to 6.1 ph for operation. It’s taking significantly more co2 than previous media to maintain that ph even with much lower drip rate. Sound normal for the aragonite style media vs Reborn? Been running calcium reactor for 13+ years so not a noob
 
I just changed from TLF Reborn to KZ Aragonite calcium reactor media. I’ve been perplexed at how high the ph of this media was (9.9) when first filled with water and how long it’s taken to get down to 6.1 ph for operation. It’s taking significantly more co2 than previous media to maintain that ph even with much lower drip rate. Sound normal for the aragonite style media vs Reborn? Been running calcium reactor for 13+ years so not a noob
I switched to the KZ rocks a few years back and I experienced the same general effect and I don’t have an answer for the difference why the rocks don’t dissolve at the same rate and pH as coral bones?

Bump
 
I switched to the KZ rocks a few years back and I experienced the same general effect and I don’t have an answer for the difference why the rocks don’t dissolve at the same rate and pH as coral bones?

Bump
Just knowing that’s it’s not just me is what I was hoping for! I scoured the internet and couldn’t find a single discussion other than requiring lower ph to dissolve. Likely going to go back to Reborn
 
Have you tried arm? If so why reborn over arm? Im new to carx so looking for a good media. I bought kz but ph is to low for disolving for me only got because I didnt want to be adding po4 but I guess that's unavoidable
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new