Calcium reactor noise

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my calcium reactor make a constant swishing noise. ( air in the reactor). I've made a mess and tried bleeding the air out at the top Ph probe holder. Does anyone have any advise? It's louder than my whole tank setup combined. You can see all the air in it, can't seem<br />
To get it all out.

It's a reef octopuse reactor rated for 425g.

OP
OP
Bluejawtrigger

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fed by an air lift pump, lines have all been replaced. Tank was filled in march. Which, my regulator compensates for decrease in tank pressure.

OP
OP
Bluejawtrigger

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddy had a thought I had dismissed. ( because the pump is new). I'm going to take the new recirculating pimp off, clean and test it in a bucket.

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the brand reef octopus, if it is pm me and I will let u know how solve the noise problem. I had a reef octopus that I purchased a few months back that had the same problem, and yes it's extremely noisy

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there no help on this?! Is it just a loud piece of trash. my tank is super quiet and now all I hear is the swishing of air and water. I feel I have tried everything. About ready to throw it in the trash and start dosing

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back