Calcium reactor question...

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tested my alkalinity yesterday, and today. Yesterday it read 8.6dkh, today it reads 8.4dkh.... my question is should I decrease the rate of effluent or see what it rides out in the next few days.... I had no drop yesterday to the day prior so I didn't adjust anything. Today tho I saw the 0.2dkh drop testing around the same time of day. Should I not mess with it and test tomorrow?

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your daily Alk consumption ? I would not worry about 0.2 DKH, just watch whether it consistently increases by that much every day. And then you can actually increase the effluent by just a little. That increase should not affect the reactor PH much.

OP
OP
EuphylliaAddict

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your daily Alk consumption ? I would not worry about 0.2 DKH, just watch whether it consistently increases by that much every day. And then you can actually increase the effluent by just a little. That increase should not affect the reactor PH much.
Sorry it was a 0.2dkh decrease. I dropped by .2

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could swing by 0.2dkh just throughout the day. It is ideal to test at the exact same time every day to reduce the impact.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back