Calcium Reactor Questions

ReefCartel

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
871
Reaction score
47
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Are there any Internal Calcium reactors that go inside the sump? or are they all External?

2. How often do you replace Media?

3. Coarse or Extra Coarse or Fine? what would you prefer and why?

4. Would there be a negative affect by using a CaC02 that is rated for a larger tank?

Got this Reactor coming but could not find the footprint size or if i can place it inside the sump. do any of you use this product? would like more reviews.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422067794.969185.jpg
 
been looking into this CaRxC02 by Aquacare. Any of you use this also? need some personal experience :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422087491.400961.jpg
 
I'm looking at one too but can't find the media for them. Surely someone in the states sells it. Sounds like a good setup
 
Ive actually decided to go with a GEO 618 and ordered a Peri pump. Heard its reliable, constant and easier to dial in.
 
I have a deltec, just trying to avoid the whole dosing pump and ph controller setup. I have a cole parmer pump to run it. I like the idea of less c02 entering the tank with the aquacare also.
 
I don't have a pic of the cole parmer but they're all over ebay. You want to get one that you can control the output. Theyre much quieter too. I have another one i use for ato that is 30 rpm and its a bit noisy. Lot of threads out there about em. Have ph controller thru apex. I was browsing around looking for info on the aquacare media when I saw your thread.
 

Attachments

  • 1423582110448.jpg
    1423582110448.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 507
The cole parmer pumps are on ebay. They are built for continuous use and have steel rollers.
 
The brushless models are super quiet. There are some good threads out there about which ones to look for. Just Google Cole Parmer Calcium Reactor
 
I got it on Ebay. I spend $300 on the Module and $150 on the head. The Precision tubing is about $80 for 25' kinda pricey for used. My the pumphead arrived yesterday still waiting on the module.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423583829.144515.jpg
 
I seen that. I actually purchased from the cole Parmer website just before I found out US plastics sell them lol
 
I just bought an aquacare and lowered my price on selling the deltec lol. Gonna take the plunge. I just don't want to do the dosing pump, or cleaning/adjusting needle valves every few days. Hope the aquacare works as good as people say.
 
My CP setup...

i-7VBxsvM.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new