Calcium Reactor Questions

you are way out of balance. Why is your calc so high?
 
i believe its aquavitro salt i am using. I checked Ca with hannah. I will try another test kit. Salinity is at 34
 
Ya, try another kit out of curiosity.
I use Salinity, too but my Calc is like 420 and Alk around 8.
At least last i checked. I very rarely check calcium since running the CaRx.
But i wouldn't run the reactor until you get that in balance.
You can use baking soda or brs alk mix until the calcium comes down.
 
430... much better.

My effluent is a kind of pulsing stream. Almost steady.
Just the way the cole parmer pump is pushing it out.
A drip isn't enough effluent for my tank.
 
My lowest setting on the palmer pushes out a light stream but i noticed some new tanks drip. Hopefully this is good for a 190.
 
sorry to hijack, but what do you guys use to measure alk in the effluent? my hanna checker maxes out at 300ppm/16.8 dkh

Hey so I finally got to testing my effluent lol so my target Alk is 6.5 - 8 dkh so the hanna stays within my range at 219ppm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new