Calcium reactor

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was going thru this forum, most of everyone is using 2part dosing, no one ever mention anything about a calcium reactor. I want to start keeping sps coral and want to invest in a calcium reactor, is a reactor not better then 2part dosing, because u can set it and it more it more consistence.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my calc reactor.. Once you find the sweet spot, it's golden. You just have to make small adjustments when setting it up, wait and retest. I don't miss 2 part at all.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of our systems have a cal Rex. One system hasn't been touched majorly in three years, his and my biggest reason for a Rex is like you said once its dialed in you can forget about it. Every day I still check to make sure my bubble count is right and effluent is still dripping right but other then those 20 seconds it's in the back of my head. My reasoning to switch over is the consistency and I travil a fair amount so leaving it is no issue. Wheel a Trash can up to the tank for top off set the cal Rex I would feel safe leaving my tank for a month. I'm not saying my sps would be happy when I got home but everything would be fine. I know this is said a lot but don't skimp on you cal Rex, I have heard people trying to dial cal Rex in for months I did it in less then two weeks. Buy a quality top of the line reg first and foremost they are so sensitive you want top notch. Rex I would highly recommend a slightly overrated one with dual chambers it will save some possible o e chamber issues. If you would like pm me and I'll recommend some brands.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my calcium reactor. So much easier and more precise than manually dosing and cheaper and less labor intensive than automatically dosing.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have to dose alk with the cal reactor. Im sick of 2 part but dont know how to do it any other way. Cant keep my alk and cal stable since adding more sps.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back