OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth. I am using the Hanna Calcium checker. One thing I have learned is the cuvette need to be spotless. the other is, when putting the cuvette in the checker, make sure you put them in the same way when doing the C1 and C2 check. What I mean is, on the cuvette there is a white ring around the top or fill line marked 10ml on one side and on the other side it is blank between the ring. If you put the 10ml into the checker to zero out (C1) facing you, put it back in the checker the same way for your C2 reading. If you put in a different way, it may pick up blemishes or glass imperfections when the light shines through during the C2 reading and may throw off the reading.

Definitely watch the videos which may help.
Thank you. I will try that. I had almost every test kit you can get in api. Then I heard Hanna is supposed to be more accurate so I bought them, and boy was my wife mad when she found out how much they were, but I keep getting what I believe are incorrect readings. Also where do I find the video your talking about

tkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will try that. I had almost every test kit you can get in api. Then I heard Hanna is supposed to be more accurate so I bought them, and boy was my wife mad when she found out how much they were, but I keep getting what I believe are incorrect readings. Also where do I find the video your talking about
They are somewhat expensive compared to other test kits. :) I just got tired of matching colors and gave it try.
Here are some on YouTube .

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A common theme here on R2R. Inaccurate test results forcing bad decisions. Is there such a thing as a nearly bulletproof test for important parameters?

OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are somewhat expensive compared to other test kits. :) I just got tired of matching colors and gave it try.
Here are some on YouTube .

Wow thank you so much. I watched both of those videos and I was doing it wrong. Now that I know how to properly use it hopefully I’ll get more accurate readings

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back